Favorite Bible Verses?

What is your favorite verse and why?
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
I like this one because I am a child myself (14) but i know that He calls me to Himself anyway. :heart:

Probably not the first Psalm that springs to most people's minds, but it reminds me that everything is in God's hands. I need do nothing except trust in his loving care:

Ps.131

1 O LORD, my heart is not lifted up,
my eyes are not raised too high;
I do not occupy myself with things
too great and too marvelous for me.
2 But I have calmed and quieted my soul,
like a child quieted at its mother's breast;
like a child that is quieted is my soul.

3 O Israel, hope in the LORD
from this time forth and for evermore.

USCCB - NAB - Hebrews 2

Philippians 1:21 For to me life is Christ, and death is gain.

I think that this is a challenge to all of us. We must live for Christ, yet we look towards heaven when we will be united with him.

Exodus 24:11, "Yet He did not stretch out His hand against the nobles of the sons of Israel; and they saw God, and they ate and drank."

Moses, Aaron, Aaron's sons, and 70 elders of the tribes of Israel looked on God and lived, and ate a covenant meal in the Presence of God. I think about this verse every time I take Holy Communion.

You have been told, O mortal, what is good, and what the LORD requires of you: only to do justice and to love goodness, and to walk humbly with your God. — Micah 6:8

I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. — John 8:12

I have many favorite verses; those are just two of them.

[quote="Christy_Beth, post:4, topic:314191"]

I think that this is a challenge to all of us. We must live for Christ, yet we look towards heaven when we will be united with him.

[/quote]

This is indeed a wonderful verse; I find myself using it as a guideline to my life.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Then shall ye call upon Me, and ye shall go and pray unto Me and I will hearken unto you.

And ye shall seek Me and find Me when ye shall search for Me with all your heart.

Jeremiah 29:11-13 (KJV)

Also: I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined unto me and heard my cry.

He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock and established my goings.

And He hath put a new song in my mouth; even praise unto our God; many shall see it and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.

Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

Psalm 40:1-4 (KJV)

1 Corinthians 1:18

[quote="Christy_Beth, post:4, topic:314191"]

[/quote]

http://www.quotesforthemind.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Bible-Passage-scripture-verse-about-love.jpg

Acts 5: 40 - 42, where the disciples rejoiced for having been found worthy to suffer because of Jesus. We find this today, that because we believe and chose to follow God instead of man we will be attacked and harassed.

DGB

The New Covenat promises in Jer 31. They brought me back to Christianity:
“This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
34 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the Lord.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.