Favorite books?

Your favorite books on apologetics that cover the fundamentals of church doctrine? Like Mary, rosary, kneeling, sacrament, why we focus on the cross… I’m looking for a good book and have been looking on Amazon for book reviews, however it’s hard to get enough reviews on some titles, so I’ll ask all of you who have read them. I’ve been searching authors like Scott Hahn, Trent Horn, Tim Staples. I get it in my head but can’t always explain well. Thank you.

So far I’m considering

-Beginning Apologetics 1: How to Explain and Defend the Catholic Faith
-Behold Your Mother
-Rome Sweet Home (I like conversion stories too)
-Signs of Life: 40 Catholic Customs and their Biblical Roots

I’ve read the first 3 mentioned above. They are good. Very worthwhile.

I also really like:

“Catholicism and Fundamentalism” by Karl Keating. (I think the first book I myself ever read about apologetics. I really like it.)
“Nut and Bolts” by Tim Staples (very handy)
“Pope Fiction” by Patrick Madrid (specifically about various Popes. Very interesting.)
“The Case for Faith”, “The Case for Christ”, “The Case for a Creator” are all by a non-Catholic named Lee Strobel. Those were all very good.
“Handbook of Catholic Apologetics” by Peter Kreeft and Ronald Tacelli is very good too.

amazon.com/Why-Catholic-Bibles-are-Bigger/dp/1581880103

christianbook.com/faith-of-the-early-fathers-volumes/william-jurgens/9780814610251/pd/10250?kw=21440761692&mt=b&dv=t&event=PPCSRC&p=1186432&gclid=COvCn6XCzswCFQoNaQodPjcIYQ

shop.catholic.com/the-apostasy-that-wasn-t.html

Just to name a few…
Peace!!!

Mariology: The World’s First Love by Fulton Sheen.
Catholic biblical scholarship: Ignatius Study Bible (largely by Scott Hahn, if I’m not mistaken)
Mass / Eucharist: The Lamb’s Supper, Scott Hahn
Early Church history and doctrine: The Faith of the Early Fathers (3 volumes), Jurgens.

This is Our Faith by Michael Pennock.

the early church writings sounds great, I didnt think to search for that. :thumbsup:
so any early documents and “why catholics do that” books would be great. Im getting a nice list :slight_smile: Are there any marion books you prefer over another? Compare books here is fine too.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.