Favorite daily devotion

What is your go to daily devotion that you try to keep consistent? Rosary? Sacred Heart? A particular chaplet or novena? LOTH?

Please share!

Lectio Divina using one or all of the daily Mass readings.

2 Likes

Saint Augustine’s Prayer Book’s daily office.

1 Like

I pray the Jesus prayer in my down time I sometimes take a trolley to a catholic chapel near my school to pray the rosary if I cant I pray it before I sleep. If am feeling really ambitious ill pray morning and night prayer. At the minimum I pray a Salve Regina and the Nunc Dimmitis but normally if im super tired just the Salve Regina.

2 Likes

Mass and the Divine Office.

2 Likes

Love the Rosary, as well as the associated prayers for the Miraculous, St. Benedict, and St. Michael the Archangel/Guardian Angel medals I have on it. I’ve also found 14 prayers I really love on a Prayers app I use (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/prayer-2000/id307757516?mt=8). Kinda have my own nightly liturgy going!..even it’s not always daily :pensive:

1 Like

Liturgy of the Hours, Ordinary Form: Lauds, Vespers, Compline.

However, no way I’m calling that my daily devotion. I’m praying the official prayer of the Church, which is a liturgical action. Call me picky, but I distinguish between devotional and liturgical actions.

1 Like

Morning offering and daily mass readings.

1 Like

I try to say The Rosary each day, although lately Ive been kind of failing at that :slightly_frowning_face:

Also, I want to try to say The Divine Mercy Chaplet on Fridays.

1 Like

Monday through Thursday I’ll do a rosary. I have to (well, have to is strong since I actually enjoy it) get in those rosaries for the confraternity.
Recently, I’ve found this gem:

I try to begin each day with the morning offering before any other prayers but if a family member leaves the house before I get to do my morning quiet time I’ll throw out a quick
Almighty and merciful God, who has commissioned your angels to guide and protect us, may they be our companions from our setting out until our return. Clothe us with their invisible protection; keep from us all danger of collision, of fire, of explosion, of falling; and finally, having preserved us from all evil, and especially from sin, guide us to our heavenly home. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen along with a prayer to St. Michael the Archangel.

1 Like

The Angelus.

No matter how busy I may get on a given day and don’t have time for particular hours from the Office, or even a Rosary, I can still frame the hours of my day with this short but sweet prayer at 6AM, 12PM, and 6PM. and it only took like 5 min. to memorize.

4 Likes

Rosary, Divine Mercy Chaplet, Jesus Prayer, St. Michael the Archangel Prayer

2 Likes

One hour of “face time” with Jesus every day, commonly known as adoration before the Blessed Sacrament, whether He be exposed in the Monstrance or hiding away in the Tabernacle.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.