Favorite Disney Princess

I like the Disney Princesses mostly for their characters. So I was wondering if anyone has a favorite. Mine is a tie between Jasmine and Ariel. I also like Mulan, but I don’t consider her a princess. I mean, she doesn’t marry royalty nor was she born into it. So why is she included? And for that matter, why is Alice on the list? Not only is she not royalty, she doesn’t even have a love interest.
Here’s the canonical list of Disney Princesses:
Alice
Mulan
Snow White
Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
Ariel
Tiana (Princess and the Frog)
Jasmine
Pocahantas
Giselle (Enchanted)
Belle
Cinderella
I also don’t like the fact that some princess characters are completely omitted. In the book version, Eilonwy from *The Black Cauldron *is a great character–she’s very assertive and will literally fight tooth and nail if any of the villains try to subdue her. Kidagakash Nedakh, from Atlantis, (or Kida) is also a great character. (However, I can understand why she and Eilonwy aren’t included. Eilonwy is probably still copyrighted to Lloyd Alexander, the writer of The Black Cauldron. As for Kida? Well, Atlantis pretty much bombed due to the critical approach (especially from us religious types for the new-age style culture the Atlantean had). And what about Meg from Hercules? And then there are the animal princesses, like Nala and Maid Marian. Why are they also excluded? Simply because they’re animals?

Snow White - not only because she is the “fairest of them all”, she is also the most optimistic of them all. :smiley:

I've always liked Belle. She's got a good head on her shoulders! :D

Belle, because she was the only one who looked beyond the "handsome prince" facade to the man underneath the "beast" (I thought HE was a jerk!)

And I like Aurora... mainly because I liked Prince Phillip, the best of all the Disney heroes (hey, he had a sense of humor and he fought a dragon! My kind of man!)

I've always loved Belle. She has a good heart, she's kind, and I can relate to her because she has a larger-than-life imagination and loves books. :)

So I asked my three year old who her favorite princess is and she pointed to me. :D

Mulan, because she can kick major butt! :nunchuk:

[quote="kristie_m, post:6, topic:179707"]
So I asked my three year old who her favorite princess is and she pointed to me. :D

[/quote]

:) :clapping: :thumbsup:

[quote="HarmonyServant, post:7, topic:179707"]
Mulan, because she can kick major butt! :nunchuk:

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

Ariel
followed by Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty/Aurora aka. BriarRose. ;)

Although she really is not a Disney Princess, Esmeralda from the Hunchback of Notre Dame would be my favorite Disney heroine. I love her zeal for social justice, and courage to defy those were against the good for the people. Especially for her compassionate heart towards Quasimodo :thumbsup: And, I've also gotta love her appeal to Jesus and Mother Mary :yup:

God help the outcasts!!

(I’ve always loved that song!) :smiley:

Jasmine.:thumbsup:

I watched Aladdin with my kids a couple of months ago. I still love that movie.:stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.