Favorite Food Network show/host?

Hi everyone–thought this would be a fun poll to conduct. If you watch the food network, which host/ess if your fave? I love them all–but I especially like Sandra Lee and Barefoot Contessa–oh and Ellie Kreiger!

I will be cooking more, now with my husband’s new job has his schedule for the next two months from 2pm to 10pm, so he won’t be having dinner with us much.:frowning:

Look forward to how this poll turns out!:slight_smile:

I love Alton Brown’s shows for the entertainment value, and because I always learn some neat bit of trivia on “Good Eats”.

I don’t really have time to watch too much, so instead I’ve purchased some cookbooks written by show hosts. Ina Garten’s “Barefoot Contessa Cookbook” was one of the first cookbooks I bought after college graduation, and I still use it fairly often. The recipes are good, although some are complicated. I also bought “Barefoot Contessa Parties”, which has a salmon marinade that I use all the time in the summer. Giada DiLaurentis’s “Everyday Italian Cookbook” has generally less complicated recipes, and they’re also quite good. I love the turkey meatballs on spaghetti. :thumbsup:

I like Paula Deen - to me she’s a motherly figure and always has neat ideas. DH can’t stand her. :stuck_out_tongue: We both like Mark Summers on Unwrapped - that show is just too cool. I used to like Rachel Ray before she got overly obnoxious. Hmm… I also like Giada De Laurentiis (I think that’s how she spells it) - she always makes good stuff. DH and I also like the show Diners, Drive-In’s and Dives, can’t think of the hosts name, though.

Duff Goldman on “Ace of Cakes” :thumbsup: !

THAT’S where I want to work!!!

Definitely Alton Brown.

I love the way he gives an exact scientific and technical reason for how things are done or why they happen the way thei do in the kitchen. Best of all, while it is scientific and technical, he presents it in a logical and easy to understand way.

:crying: a poll was supposed to be attached to this…I must be poll challenged–I can never figure out how to attach it! Oh well…there are so many hosts, there were only 6 spots on the poll…so maybe it’s just as well!

I love Sandra Lee, Ellie Kreiger, and Nigella Bites…oh, and Barefoot Contessa.

I forgot about Alton Brown–he ROCKS!:thumbsup: I always find his food trivia so interesting! My husband likes that one too…my husband really enjoys Chef Ramsey!:smiley:

I know right? Looks fun but I bet when he’s backed up with orders, it can be stressful!:o

duz not sees poll

I love Paula Deen, but as for shows, I gotta go with that Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives show.

Because I harbor a secret ambition to be my own short-order cook. :stuck_out_tongue:

Gimmie a flat-top! I NEED a flat-top and some metal spatulas!

Seriously, I take notes.

I also love Robert Irvine and his Dinner Impossible show.

My favorite cooks on Food Network are Giada De Laurentiis, Paula Deen, & Tyler Florence. I have made ALOT of their recipes:thumbsup: . I like the Barefoot Contessa’s recipes, but she really annoys me as does Rachel Ray at times:shrug: . I find the travel shows with Giada , Rachel Ray,& Alton Brown really interesting. I like these shows as well: Iron Chef America, Kitchen Impossible, Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives, Good Eats. Is it almost lunch time? All of the sudden, I am hungry!:smiley:

I like Giada de Laurentis the best, she gives me great ideas.

I also like Paula because of her personality, her recipes are sometimes hard to follow because she doesn’t always specify amounts and measurements.

I like the barefoot contessa, especially when she cooks for Jeffrey. It’s cute to see how lovey dovey they are together.

I like Rachel Ray too, but I think she’s a bit overextended with her cooking show, her talk show, he specials etc.

Also her advertising for crackers, that now when I go food shopping my kids ask for “Rachel Ray Crackers”

Hi Mary Gail:wave: No problem. Just go to www.foodnetwork.com and type in the title of the recipe and it will come up for you to read & print. You can also read reviews of people who have actually made the recipe and they will give their opinions on how good it was, how easy to prepare or even changes they made to the recipe. I have a large notebook of recipes I have copied, I don’t even buy cookbooks anymore;) .

I have done this as well–It’s better than a cookbook! :slight_smile:

I didn’t know she had her name on crackers–too cute. I like Rachel Ray, the person–but I’m not a fan of her cooking show…I don’t see myself making a lot of what she makes…although, her shows now are more healthy and realistic. Before, they were quite fattening. Paula is way fun to watch–but her recipes are beyond fattening…fried butter!!! hahahaha:p

Hi, Whatever girl,

Rachel Ray sponsors Nabisco crackers so Triscuits, Wheat Thins and Ritz (at least in my area) all have Rachel Ray on the package. So instead of saying “Mommy, buy Ritz Crackers, they say Mommy, buy Rachel Ray Crackers”

Thanks for the tip about the food channel website.

That is too cute! :slight_smile:

Stress? WAL*MART is stressful during graduation weekend and I can assure you that NO ONE there is ordering $3000.00 cakes for their kids! :eek: I can’t imagine having a backlog of cakes that average $1500.00 a piece!

If I could have one fantasy wish fulfilled, it would be a 3-6 month internship at Charm City Cakes. :thumbsup: Then I could go back to Wal*Mart and just DREAM of living in a place where I could charge that much for a cake an no one would blink an eye!

After 30 years of decorating, I assure you, Wal*Mart decorated cakes (assuming you get someone who REALLY knows how to decorate) are notoriously CHEAP!

I love watching the Oklahoma State Sugar Show whenever Food Network covers it. Those cakes are amazing, but THAT competition is the definition of stress!

Alton Brown is my favorite followed by Tyler Florence and Robert Irvine.

Iron Chef America is probably my favorite show on the channel after Good Eats.

I am a fan of “Good Eats” with Alton Brown. I also like Robert Irvine of “Dinner: Impossible”

Paula Deen and Emeril are two of my favs…Robert Irvive is good…I like his show Dinner Impossible:)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.