Favorite Gospel passage

What is your favorite Gospel passage?

John 15:12This is my commandment: love one another as I love you. 13 No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14You are my friends if you do what I command you. 15 I no longer call you slaves, because a slave does not know what his master is doing. I have called you friends, because I have told you everything I have heard from my Father. 16 It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you. 17 This I command you: love one another.

Peace

The transfiguration. Particularly viewed through the experience of St. Peter, which I try to relate to my own spiritual experience of the Liturgy, the Eucharist, things I can’t understand, but yet, it is so good to be there, St. Peter didn’t want to leave.

Ephesians 2:8-9 (NIV)

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

John 20

21 He said therefore to them again: Peace be to you. As the Father hath sent me, I also send you. 22 When he had said this, he breathed on them; and he said to them: Receive ye the Holy Ghost. 23 Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them: and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained.

God Bless

Matthew 5:3-12, The Beatitudes. I love this passage, because I often relate to them, especially 7: “Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.”

"He who is faithful in a very little is faithful also in much; and he who is dishonest in a very little is dishonest also in much.

Luke 16:10

Same here.
Also John 11:35. Overused, I know, but it shows how human Our Lord really was.
John 6 is pretty good, too.

“And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.”

“Amen, Amen, I say to you, for today, you will be with me in Paradise.”

“Stand up and go; your faith has saved you.”

When Our Lord speaks of His eternal commitment and love for us, and when He reminds us of our salvation in Him, I get chills. What it must have been like for God the Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, to say some of this stuff directly to you! Wow!

May God bless you all!

The Gospel According to Luke, Chapter 7 Verse 8-9

The centurion said,
“For I too am a person subject to authority, with soldiers subject to me. And I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come here,’ and he comes; and to my slave, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”
When Jesus heard this he was amazed at him and, turning, said to the crowd following him, “I tell you not even in Israel have I found such faith.”

Luke xviii,35-42

Now it came to pass, when he drew nigh to Jericho, that a certain blind man sat by the way side, begging. And when he heard the multitude passing by, he asked what this meant. And they told him, that Jesus of Nazareth was passing by. And he cried out, saying: Jesus, son of David, have mercy on me. And they that went before, rebuked him, that he should hold his peace: but he cried out much more: Son of David, have mercy on me. And Jesus standing, commanded him to be brought unto him. And when he was come near, he asked him,saying: What wilt thou that I do to thee? But he said: Lord, that I may see. And Jesus said to him: Receive thy sight: thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he saw, and followed him, glorifying God. And all the people, when they saw it, gave praise to God.

“Because of the tender mercy of our God
by which the daybreak from on high will visit us
to shine on those who sit in darkness and death’s shadow,
to guide our feet into the path of peace.”

(Luke 1: 78-79) :thumbsup:
This verse is repeated every morning in the LOTH.

“He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood, lives in me and I live in him.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.