Favorite Marian Quotes

I am trying to compile a plethora of wonderful Marian phrases. All contributions would be greatly appreciated.

"Him whom the heavens cannot contain, the womb of one woman bore." St. Augustine

Pax,
DCD

[quote="DCD, post:1, topic:178596"]
I am trying to compile a plethora of wonderful Marian phrases. All contributions would be greatly appreciated.

"Him whom the heavens cannot contain, the womb of one woman bore." St. Augustine

Pax,
DCD

[/quote]

"Do whatever he tells you.":thumbsup:

I second that one with another quote from the mouth of the Blessed Mother herself:

“Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” (Luke1:38)

The perfect example of how we should always endeavour to respond to the call of the Lord.

Beautiful!

"Listen, and let it penetrate your heart, my dear little child; do not be troubled or weighted down with grief. Do not fear any illness or vexation, anxiety or pain. Am I not here who am your Mother? Are you not under my shadow and protection? Am I not your fountain of life? Are you not in the folds of my mantle? In the crossing of my arms? Is there anything else you need?" - The Blessed Virgin Mary to St. Juan Diego, 1500 A.D.

You will find quite a few quotes in St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori's 'The Glories of Mary'.

'The love of Christ arouses us, urges us to run, and to fly lifted on the wings of holy zeal . . . The man who burns with the fire of divine love is a son of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and wherever he goes, he enkindles that flame; he desires and works with all his strength to inflame all men with the fire of God's love.'

St. Anthony Mary Claret

Let us now imagine to ourselves the Divine Mother standing--near her Son expiring on the cross, and justly applying to herself the words of Jeremias, thus addressing us: "O all ye that pass by the way attend, and see if there be any sorrow like to my sorrow." O you who spend your lives upon earth, and pity me not, stop awhile to look at me, now that I behold this beloved Son dying before my eyes; and then see if, amongst all those who are afflicted and tormented, a sorrow is to be found like unto my sorrow. "No, O most suffering of all mothers," replies Saint Bonaventure, "no more bitter grief than thine can be found; for no son more dear than thine can be found." Ah, "there never was a more amiable son in the world than Jesus," says Richard of Saint Lawrence; "nor has there ever been a mother who more tenderly loved her son than Mary! But since there never has been in the world a love like unto Mary's love, how can any sorrow be found like unto Mary's sorrow?"

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

'My thought was with Saint Mary, the Mother of God, as she wept by the cross of the Saviour. I wish I could always weep like that.'

St. Poemen

"And Mary said,
My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior;" (Luke 1:46) :)

I'm not sure if this would count since it may be too long, but the Stabat Mater is a beautiful hymn in honor of the Sorrowful Mother.

Here's a link to the hymn in English and Latin:

campus.udayton.edu/mary/resources/poetry/stbmat.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.