Favorite Pope

This should be interesting1 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

JPII, but I’m open to Benedict VI, he just needs some time.

CARose

You mean Benedict XVI right?

At this point in my Journey they are all my favorites.

[quote=Isidore_AK]You mean Benedict XVI right?
[/quote]

Yup, oops. :slight_smile:

Well, I gotta go with JPII because he’s the one I grew up with and he was awesome.

If I had to pick another, I would go with Blessed Pius IX–he was pope even longer than JPII (second only to St. Peter himself).

Can’t choose just one!

Leo the Great
Gregory the Great
Blessed Urban II
Blessed Pius IX
St. Pius X
Pius XI
Blessed Pius XII
John Paul II
Benedict XVI

[quote=Genesis315]Well, I gotta go with JPII because he’s the one I grew up with and he was awesome.
[/quote]

I feel a little lost without JPII; probably because he’s the only pope I ever “knew.” I’m sure Benedict XVI will have the same effect.

http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/pope0260a.gif

Venerable Pope Pius XII

So many.
St. Peter
St. Leo I the great
St. Gregory I the great
St. Leo IX
St. Gregory VII
Innocent III
St. Pius V
Bl. Pius IX
Leo XIII
St. Pius X
Ven. Pius XII
John Paul II

St. Peter would be my favorite, though I didn’t vote for him. I don’t think he should be in the poll.

My vote is for Pope Benedict XVI, even if he’s been in office a short time. As a cardinal he already has moved towards bringing about a new reformation.

I’m with Bones

Gregory VII
Innocent III (natch)
Pius XII

and I would add Paul III

All Popes who stood up for the Church in the face of the world

New reformation? What d’ye mean? :confused:

Say, how come nobody likes Linus? :confused: :eek: :ehh: :hmmm:

Because no one really knows anything about him, other than he was the successor of St. Peter, and that the church has seen fit to call him “Saint”.

newadvent.org/cathen/09272b.htm
I don’t know much about him either :whacky:

[quote=johnpaullover]New reformation? What d’ye mean? :confused:
[/quote]

Cleaning out apostasy from the Church and strengthening faith. It will take time. Perhaps I used the wrong word.

Adrian VI

Blessed John XXIII and John Paul II.

It’s a toughie…but I really like Pius X and his works…but I also like the works of JPII, though I hardly understand it :stuck_out_tongue: .

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.