Favorite prophet of the Old Testament

Of the prophets mentioned in the Old Testament, who is your favorite?

:bible1::bible1::bible1::bible1:

I like Nathan challenging David but Isaiah is awesome.

I too care for Nathan, but my favourite has to be Elijah.
His assumption talks for itself really:)

There are 55 prophets mentioned in the Hebrew Bible but hundreds of thousands of others according to the Talmud, most of whom were important only for their own era. While Judaism regards Moses as the greatest of the prophets since he foresaw the entire Torah and Tanakh, my personal favorites are Nathan, a name I am quite familiar with, and Isaiah, perhaps the most enigmatic of them all. There were also female prophets, Sarah being at the head of the list, as well as non-Jewish prophets.

Cousin Laurence likes the prophet Isaiah.
He likes Isaiah 26 : 4 Trust in Yahweh for ever, for Yahweh is a rock for ever.

Elijah, Elijah. He’s mentioned in the Old Testament and New Testament. In addition, with Moses, he is along side Jesus Christ in the Transfiguration presented to Peter, John, and James to witness (Luminous Mystery of the Rosary).

Peace to all and God Bless.

I think mine is Elisha. I thought hilarious when he jumped out of his grave after anothe dead man had been put in the same grave.

Linus2nd

Elisha for me.
I’m bald.
:tsktsk:
2 Kings 2:23–24
23 Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!”
24 So he turned around and looked at them, and qpronounced a curse on them in the name of the Lord. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.********

Moses for me. I love his reaction to the burning bush…

Jonah, I see so much of myself in him.

Jeremiah

:thumbsup: me too. Jeremiah prophesied the New Covenant promises quoted in Hebrews 8 & 10. Those promises helped bring me back to the faith.

Even though I am sure most people expect choosing a prophet who is found in one of the OT books, but John the Baptist is technically the last of the OT prophets. He would be a great choice. But I must say that Daniel is probably mine since the book of Daniel was the very first Biblical book I studied.

Daniel.

Ezekiel by far.

We Carmelites look to Holy Elijah as our spiritual father. His faith that God would answer and his scorn for the priests of Baal - and their subsequent execution - have always spoken to me of the fortitude of faith in contrast to the horror of idolatry.

=CyrilSebastian;12434763]Of the prophets mentioned in the Old Testament, who is your favorite?

:bible1::bible1::bible1::bible1:

Isiah:)

He explains why man exist:

Isa. 43: 7 & 21

And among a great many other things explains man’s understanding {or lack there of} God

Isa. 55:6-10:thumbsup:

I like the Prophet Micah.
Micah 5, 2:
But you, Bethlehem-Ephrathah, too small to be among the clans of Judah,
From you shall come forth for me one who is to be the ruler in Israel.

How many prophets are in the Old Testament?

name habakkuk :p:p favorite? elisha

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.