Favorite Psalm

What is your favorite Psalm? If you like more than one Psalm, please list each.

Psalm 103: The Lord is Kind and Merciful, slow to anger, and rich in compassion.

Psalm 100 is right up there.

in our douay rheims bible—psalm 115 v 15— precious in the sight of the lord is the death
of his saints.

Psalm 50 (numbered 51 in your bibles) the psalm of repentance

Psalm 62

First, my favorite translation of the psalms is either the RSV-CE (original, not 2nd ed) or the English translation of the New Latin psalter. Both flow very nicely when read, with enough timeless English to sound truly majestic.

Psalm 22/;23 (The Lord is my Shepard)
Psalm 50/51 (penitent psalm of David)

Psalms 1, 8, and 145. Each of them moves me each and every time I read them or hear them chanted. I also love Psalm 137 with its rich imagery of the sorrowful Israelites in exile.

Psalm 145.
Psalm 1.

My personal favorite is: The Lord is my Shepard.
Its so beautiful:)

The Seven Penitential Psalms (Ps 6, 32, 38, 51, 102, 130, 143; the ones that are in bold are the one I love most out of the seven)

According to Pope Innocent III, when those seven Psalms are devoutly recited they cleanse us from the effects of our sins.

And there is Ps 119 and most dearly I delight in Ps 131

Psalm 23 (The Lord Is My Shepard)

I am another one who loves this psalm. :slight_smile:

Psalm 139: The Lord knows you personally

Psalms 51 The Deceitful Tongue

Psalm 50 (51)
Truly beautiful

Listen to the** Asperges Me**

Sung at the beginning of a sung TLM or High Mass.

youtube.com/watch?v=53QT2gsuwBc

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit as it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be world without end Amen.

Psalms Chapter 25

My two favorites are Psalm 27 “The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?” And Psalm 34 “I will bless The Lord at all times; His phrase shall ever be in my mouth”

Psalm 46 God, the Protector of Zion

Psalm 98 The Coming of God

Sing praise to the Lord with the harp,    
  with the harp and melodious song.      

:harp::harp::harp:

Psalm 111 Praise of God for Goodness to Israel

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.