Favorite Resurrection account

Of the Four Gospels {Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John}, what is your favorite Gospel account(s) of the Resurrection of the Lord Jesus?

John’s Gospel. I love that Peter and the ‘the disciple who Jesus loved’ (John) ran to the tomb, saw the burial shroud lying where the body of Jesus had been, and believed. I also love Jesus’ interaction with Mary Magdalene and her obvious love for him!

Growing up I always loved Matthew but over the last few years it now has to be John.

In the Gospel According to Luke. The Resurrection of Jesus is beautifully written.
The two men in dazzling garments informed the women, “He is not here, but he has been raised.”
Then the women returned from the tomb and announced all these things to the eleven and to all the others.

I think what most people missed on the 3 resurrection accounts is this: No one witnessed the actual resurrection. The first visitors did not see Jesus rise from the grave. When they got there, Jesus was already risen. The angel also did not say Jesus rose that Sunday morning or when Jesus rose, but only said: “He is not here. He is risen.”

Mark 16:1-8 and its cliffhanger ending.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.