Favorite Rock Band?

With the many of these sorts of threads that crop up, I don’t know why I never get tired of posting my favorites. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ayreon, Blind Guardian, Divinefire, Dream Theater, Galactic Cowboys, Helloween, Kamelot, Nightwish, Pain of Salvation, Rhapsody of Fire, Royal Hunt, Savatage, Saviour Machine, Sonata Arctica, Symphony X, Theocracy, Wuthering Heights

Lately, I’ve been listening mostly to Sonata Arctica. Great band. If you’re into Finnish Power Metal, that is. :slight_smile:

Nu metal? Oh, Lost Wanderer, how could you? :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Bob Marley, Burning Spear, Phish, Yonder Mountain String Band, Zach Brown Band, The Decemberists

Sorry, I just could never get it into it much. I’m more of a sucker for angst. That’s how terribly emo I am when it comes to music. :o

3 Doors Down, Staind, Santana, Bon Jovi, R.E.M., AC/DC, Twisted Sister, Alice Cooper, Evanescence, Drowning Pool, Cypress Hill, Saliva…

I second Guns N Roses, Creed, Linkin Park, and especially…

nd01.blog.cz/446/886/fd8df8fc6a_51377131_o2.jpg

Angels and Airwaves!!! Check them out! Very inspirational. I liked them so much I gave them up for lent (they had a new album come out 4 days before lent began). And calm down, that wasn’t the only thing I gave up.

Creed! :thumbsup:
I’d have to add Shinedown and Breaking Benjamin as well.

Old Stuff; Allman Brothers (Listen to “Stormy Monday” when Greg sings “Lord have Mercy on me” at 8:00! youtube.com/watch?v=1gDhR1R3S0s&feature=related) , Marshall Tucker, Neil Young, Jimi Hendricks, Procol Harum, Cream, Derek & the Dominos, OMDD, Eagles, Poco, NRPS, ELP, …

New Stuff; SWITCHFOOT! (Jon Foreman’s lyrics are fantastic & Christian based!) Listen to “Let your love be strong” here;youtube.com/watch?v=uESfkHc1g1k&feature=related
“Meant to Live” youtube.com/watch?v=wmmW6HSlhMA&feature=related
“House of God Forever” youtube.com/watch?v=uoXWIK1lfyo&feature=related

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Poro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

Tool, Bob Marley, The Eagles, Lynard Skynard, and NIN.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.