St. Anthony
St. Michael
St. Rapheal
St. Gabriel
St Padre Pio
St. Bernadette
St Therese…both of them!
Last but not least…my grandmother
There are others as well…I just can’t think of them off the top of my head!

No, it doesn’t have to be just one. I was just thinking about how many saints there are, and wondering who people tend to pray to/ ask intercession from the most. It’s all curiosity. :heaven:

All of them!

Blessed Virgin Mary
St. Joseph
St. John the Baptist
St. Peter
St. Maximilian Kolbe
St. Thomas More
Blessed Teresa of Calcutta…

just to name a few.

The beauty of the Church is that we can learn from 2000 years of the Church Triumphant, the Saints, & there is something new to learn every day.

Sancta Marai, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

I’m not all that much for praying for the saint’s intercession as part of my normal spiritual life but as a motorcycle rider I tend towards St. Christopher- the saint for travelers. My mother in law gave me a blessed St Chris medal 16 years ago when I first started riding. I have a newer bike now but I still keep it under my seat EVERY time I ride. For me it’s like an American Express card “Don’t leave home without it.” I believe the faith has kept me safe a few times.

Blessed Franz Jagerstatter loved motorcycles also. :slight_smile:

Well, I’m new to this, but I love love love all the saints … here are a few of the ones I know something about that I find myself especially inspired by:

Blessed Virgin Mary
St. Joseph
St. Mary Magdalene
St. Michael
St. Margaret Mary Alacoque
St. Francis of Assisi
St. Thomas Aquinas
St. Faustina
St. Teresa of Avila

and I’m probably forgetting some. Of those, the ones I tend to pray to regularly are the Virgin Mary (of course), St. Michael and St. Margaret, and I’m trying to remember to pray to St Joseph. Reading St. Thomas’ theology was a wake-up call for me, and then when I read the hymns he wrote and read about his life, I was very impressed. So he was one of the catalysts of my conversion. I pray to him to help me with my schoolwork. :smiley:

BVM
St. M. Faustina
St. Francis
St. Clare
St. Vincent dePaul
St. Teresa of Avila

John Paul II
Mother Teresa

Yikes, this is a difficult question to answer, because my favor changes from time to time. Well here are the ones that I love the most:

Our Lady
Mother Theresa
St Rose de Lima

Those are my three favorites, although I admire many others.

GoldieJoe

After reading the Examen Prayer by Fr. Timothy Gallagher I became interested in the man who taught us how to pray in this way.

His name was Ignatius of Loyola and I have taken a short bio from My Life With The Saints by Fr James Martin and posted it here:

payingattentiontothesky.com/2009/11/12/ignatius-of-loyola/

The Examen Prayer reading selections will come tomorrow.

dj

saint maria goretti

One of the saints that my family and me pray to the most is Saint Cajetan (actually most people in my country prays to him a lot). I also pray to Saint Joseph of Cupertino a lot. :slight_smile:

My favourite is probably St Therese of Liseux. Just because I read her book recently and am rereading it now, and it has taught me so much and really strengthened me in my faith.
There are so many saints!!!
I’m learning about new saints all the time, because on my iGoogle page, I’ve got the ‘Saint of the Day’ widget, and it gives a short biography of whoevers feast day it is and also many of the lesser known ones. I’ve also got a load of books to read - I’m reading St Augustine’s confessions at the moment, I’ve got St Teresa’s autobiography and Pope John XXIII all lined up…
Mary is the greatest of all saints, and I’ve been learning more about her position as Queen of Heaven over the last few months - it can be really confusing, because sometimes people seem to worship Mary instead of praying to/through her. But I’ve learned a lot through the Legion of Mary and this site aswell.
I have a sort of treasury of saints that I pray to for various things - St Joseph of Cupertino for exams, St Patrick because he was a great missionary like I would love to be, and gave much of Europe the Christian faith indirectly through Ireland, St Peter, because he is so human and easy to relate to, St Paul for a strong faith, St Matthew - my namesake, St Thomas, the academic, St John Vianney for humility, St Jude for tough times, St Valentine for friendships and relationships, I could go on. Praise the Lord for so many wonderful examples!

St. Francis of Assisi
St. Thomas Aquinas
St. Benedict
St. Ignatius of Antioch
St. Padre Pio

here are a few that I am certain that will be saints that are my favorite

Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen
Fr. John Corapi
Pope Pius XII
Pope John Paul II
Pope Benedict XV
Pope Pius IX
Pope Leo XIII
Mother Angelica
Mother Theresa

Blessed Virgin Mary
St. Joseph

Saint Philomena is my favorite saint who I acknowlege after Our Lady! She is my Robbie’s godmother and my best friend…I love her!

St Joseph, St Francis of Assisi, St Thomas More, Blessed Mary MacKillop, St Damien of Molokai, St Helen the mother of the Emperor Constantine.

St. Martin de Porres

St. Francisco de Asis

St. Gerardo Majella

St. Bernardita

St. Teresita de Jesus

St. Michael Archangel

St. Therese of Liseaux
St. Faustina
St. Joan of Arc
Pope John Paul II (I know he’s not a saint yet, but he will be. I just love him)
St. Maria Goretti

Saint Ignatius of Loyola is one of my favorite saints. His life, faith, works and conversion is relateable in our modern context as well as inspiring.

Just want to add that if you find the daily examen as a beautiful method of praying, the larger picture of the Spiritual Exercises in an Ignatian-Directed Retreat would be something you would not want to miss. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.