Favorite singer and songs

Hello dear all, I Love the songs of the seventies, there are quite a lot of my favorite singers, like barry banilow, neil diamond, barry white,billy preston,Abba, billy joel,bay city rollers[like just one song from this group],donnha summer. Can you add to this list? also include your favorite songs. if you please have a video from the list above post it if you like, and i will also be happy to hear your opinon too on music,:wink:

You forgot CHICAGO. … “Make Me Smile”… “Ballad For A Girl In Buchanan”

Kathy

I love the group chicago:) , and one one of my favorite songs is “if you leave me now”…i like the two that you’ve mentioned:) ,

I also like some songs of david soul:D , Thank you kathy, keep me posted;)

“Nothin’ From Nothin’ Leaves Nothin”

I think Chris Cornell has one of the most beautiful voices in the world. “Sunshower” from the “Great Expectations” soundtrack is wonderful.

Though he’s mainly known for his guitar work I always loved listening to Stevie Ray Vaughn sing, especially “The Sky is Crying” and “Texas Flood.”

Thank you, i’ve never heard of these:blush: but i will try to listen to them, they sound interesting:)

“Sing a Song” by Average White Band. They did some great dancing music. Don’t forget John Denver. He was very talented.
You mentioned Abba, have you seen “Mama Mia”? I saw it recently on stage and it is wonderful. I’m blessed that my teens actually like the music of the "70’s, not all of it, but lots of it!

Yes i like that song :dancing: and i’ve also seen mammia mia, i have another one by Abba which is my favorite,is ‘Thank you for the music’, i really love it, I heard some songs by john denver they are great too! By the way i also like don macclean[hope my spelling is correct] this song i like by Don is ‘vincent’.

I have a 19 year old daughter and she too love these kind of Songs

Neil Diamond…“Play Me”…“Longfellow Serenade”

Kathy

Oh I love those songs:love: :), I also love ‘Love on the rocks’ by the same singer

I have his "Jazz Singer " cd with that song. Lots of people don’t like him. I am not one of them.
Kathy

Steely Dan, Little River Band, ELO, Steppenwolf, Peter Frampton

“Monster”

Kathy

i always admired his voice, since i was much younger:)

I looooove Neil Diamond and Barry Manilow. But don’t forget Neil Sadaka!! I love Neil Diamond’s “Brooklyn Roads”

I am a huge Dan Fogelberg fan. Dan, if you are reading this, call me!

Also love CSN, CSN&Y, and Songs for Beginners by Graham Nash is one of my favorite albums.

Boz Scaggs - :love:

Ian Anderson - get Rupi’s Dance

Well, that’s the short list…:smiley:

70s are the black hole of pop music, DH probably has that stuff loaded on his computer just to bug me.

I’m not 100% sure that it’s from the 70’s, but how about Joni Mitchell’s Both Sides Now. It’s one of my all time favorite songs.

I love brooklyn roads by neil diamond, but i’m sorry to say i’ve never heard of Dan Fogelber and Boz Scaggs, :blush: well this is useful information to know about other good singers!:slight_smile: Thank you

Love …ELOand peter frampton:thumbsup:

Nice:thumbsup: I’m not sure either if it’s from the 70’s:confused: maybe someone can tell us, Thanks & God Bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.