Favorite songs with whistling?

I can only think of two right now:

"Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster The People

"Five Years Time" by Noah & The Whale (which I think was used on some car commercials)

What songs have I forgotten?

"Michael Rowed the boat ashore" always gets me. What a song.

Colonel Bogey March (Bridge on The River Kwai)

Wind of Change :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Gypsy Rover, by the Irish Rovers and many others

The Andy Griffith theme song? :p

The Stranger/Billy Joel

Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay -- Otis Redding
Goodbye Stranger -- Supertramp
Happy Trails -- Roy Rogers & Dale Evans
Don't Worry, Be Happy -- Bobby McFerrin

Patience by Guns and Roses?

Greetings Joe 5859,

I was thinking of that very song.

Two votes for the Andy Griffith theme song.

God bless.
Anathama Sit

[quote="puzzleannie, post:5, topic:254652"]
Gypsy Rover, by the Irish Rovers and many others

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

[quote="Joe_5859, post:6, topic:254652"]
The Andy Griffith theme song? :p

[/quote]

:thumbsup: (Anyone remember the prize-winning AFV video where this guy had taught his bird to whistle that theme and accompanied the bird on the guitar?)

And how about the Colonel Bogey March (AKA Theme from the Bridge on the River Kwai)?

[quote="DaveBj, post:11, topic:254652"]
:thumbsup: (Anyone remember the prize-winning AFV video where this guy had taught his bird to whistle that theme and accompanied the bird on the guitar?)

[/quote]

Greetings DaveBj,

Yes I remember that video. I am very fond of AFV.

God bless.
Anathama Sit

" The Happy Whistler" by Don Robertson- it's on YouTube

Greetings to those posting and or reading this thread,

Does anyone remember the Musical of The King and I the song "Whenever I feel afraid, I whistle a happy tune."? I am not sure if that is the name of it. But that song came up in my mind when I saw this thread had been updated.

God bless.
Anathama Sit

[quote="Anathama_Sit, post:14, topic:254652"]

Does anyone remember the Musical of The King and I the song "Whenever I feel afraid, I whistle a happy tune."? I am not sure if that is the name of it. But that song came up in my mind when I saw this thread had been updated.

God bless.
Anathama Sit

[/quote]

The funny thing about that song is that an educated Victorian-era English lady would never be caught dead whistling :D

[quote="DaveBj, post:15, topic:254652"]
The funny thing about that song is that an educated Victorian-era English lady would never be caught dead whistling :D

[/quote]

Greetings DaveBj,

Thanks for the smile that lit across my face when I read this reply. Of course, perhaps things were relaxed somewhat in Siam as she was the ONLY educated Victorian-era English lady there. :p

God bless.
Anathama Sit

[quote="Anathama_Sit, post:14, topic:254652"]

God bless.
Anathama Sit

[/quote]

It's called "I Whistle A Happy Tune." :D

[quote="I_Thirst, post:17, topic:254652"]
It's called "I Whistle A Happy Tune." :D

[/quote]

Greetings I Thrist,

Ahhh thank you very much. I should have known. I sat and singing it yesterday for quite awhile trying to figure out the title. :p

God bless.
Anathama Sit

For the record, the Andy Griffith show theme song actually came from a song with lyrics though it is whistled on the show, apparently the song is called "The fishin' hole", I've heard it sung by Andy.

songlyrics.com/andy-griffith/fishing-hole-lyrics/

[quote="Road2Damascus, post:19, topic:254652"]
For the record, the Andy Griffith show theme song actually came from a song with lyrics though it is whistled on the show, apparently the song is called "The fishin' hole", I've heard it sung by Andy.

songlyrics.com/andy-griffith/fishing-hole-lyrics/

[/quote]

Greetings Road2Damascus,

Hah. I had fun belting out the lyrcis this afternoon while posting. Thanks for sharing this. It's a bit of trivia to share with my friends and family these next couple of weeks.

God bless.
Anathama Sit

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.