Favorite Spiritual Quote from a Non-Spiritual Popular Media Source

I’m contemplating my signature, so I thought this would make a great thread. I’ve found some wonderfully beautiful quotes about Faith in some of the least likely sources. So I was wondering what your favorite quotes about Faith are from a movie, or book or TV show that wasn’t about Faith per se.

Mine:

“If life teaches us anything at all, it teaches us that there are so many happy endings that the man who does not believe in God needs his rationality called into serious judgement.” from Stephen King’s novel “IT”

“Science only tell us how, it doesn’t tell us why.” Agent Scully on science versus religion on “The X-Files”

I’m sure there’s more, but I’m getting sleepy. So now it’s your turn! :stuck_out_tongue:

You are approaching the altar, very sensitive area.

• agent Booth, Bones.

“Don’t pay too much attention to the sounds. If you do, you may miss the music. You won’t get a heroic ride to heaven on pretty little sounds.” – The father of composer Charles Ives

Son, in 35 years of religious study, I have only come up with two hard incontrovertible facts: there is a God, and I’m not Him.
-Rudy

I obviously like this one:

A person’s a person no matter how small. ~ Horton from *Horton Hears a Who *by Dr. Seuss.

:amen: :smiley: :rotfl:

‘We hold these truths to be self-evident - that all men are created equal’

“It’s always to the kitchen that our friends best like to come,
to feel the heartbeat of the house, take comfort in its hum”
-Hannibal Lechter

Maybe not as spiritual as you were looking for, but one of my favorite quotes , albeit from a madman!!:rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.