Favorite star wars characters

Who are your favorite Star Wars characters?
Mine are:
Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker
Luke Skywalker
Princess Leia
Jar Jar Binks (not a typo. Yes, I like Jar Jar)

Darth Maul – participated in (and choreographed) the absolutely best swashbuckling, light sabre fight of the entire franchise
Obi Wan – wisdom and the strength that comes from that
Padme – Natalie Portman, 'nuf said, plus she kicks ***
&
that little laughing “chihuahua” thing next to Jabba.

Yoda because he is little and old yet he has studied and learned his lessons so well.

C3PO. He’s so shiny.

Darth Maul for sure up at the top (yes, I know he is evil but he looks so cool and has that mystique about him)

Young Obi-Wan

and, of course, Quigon Jin

That’s just the top 3.

Any trend to produce programmes and products - including animated films and video games - which in the name of entertainment exalt violence and portray anti-social behaviour or the trivialization of human sexuality is a perversion - Pope benidcitXVI

umm shouldt we not be watching things like this. hear palpatine insult some people. LOL. but seriously I did,

Chewbacca without a doubt.

I must say my favorites would be…
Yogurt
Dark Helmet
Princess Vespa
and of course…Barf

I got to say I love Han Solo, space cowboy!

I think it depends on the context of the movie. Does Star Wars really glorify violence? I think not.

Darth Vader
Luke Skywalker
Han Solo

The Teddy Bears that saved the day.:whistle:

Darth Vader
Anakin Skywalker
Luke Skywalker
Mace Windu

FYI-I haven’t started reading in yet, but for fun I picked up a copy of a book called “The Gospel According to Star Wars”. My wife just shook her head…

Young Obi Wan… hands down

Han Solo.

Well, let’s not get carried away throwing this quote on everything that gets made. Containing violence and *glorifying *violence are two different things.

One could analyze and say: they are at war (Star Wars) and judging by the murderous, oppressive regime of the Empire, it seems that a war against the Empire by the Rebellion would very likely qualify as a Just War.

I think we are allowed to watch morethan just “The Waltons” and still be good Catholics.

Fave characters:

Ulic Cel Droma and Revan -Great stories of redemption

Mace Windu and Obi wan -Coolest Jedis Ever!!!

Why, Ewan MacGregor’s Uncle, Dennis Lawson, aka

Wedge Antilles

The only non-lead charecter that survived all of episodes 4,5, &6

A friend of my son’s forwarded this short clip which we enjoyed watching. Please watch. We hope it brings a smile to you as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=_qEWhrjYg_o

This is a tough one, as I’m a true fanatic, however, I would have to say the top 3 for me:

Darth Vader - I really like the whole story of going from innocent child, to ultimate “evil”, and back again.
Obi-Wan - Well, I don’t know, just love the character, a true “knight in shining armor” perhaps in my mind.
Han Solo - Yeah, it’s the rebel in me. :smiley:

Honorable mention goes to Darth Maul. Just a great character. I’m only sorry we really see so little of him, and only on one movie.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.