Favorite Video Games

There is already a thread for the games you hate so this is one for the games you love.

I have divided it up by system since it is hard to compare between different levels of graphics.

NES: Mario 3 and the Arcade version of Ninja Turtles

Super Nintendo: Super Mario World, Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong 2

Sega Genesis: all the Sonic the Hedgehog games except 3D blast and Pinball, Aladin

N64: Super Mario 64 (my favorite Mario game), Cruisin USA, my favorite racing game, Goldeneye, the best multiplayer game ever, Star Fox, the rumble pack was awesome, Zelda: Ocarina in Time

Playstation: Final Fantasy VII (best game ever), Twisted Metal 2, Resident Evil 2,

Dreamcast: Sonic Adventure 1, Resident Evil Code Veronica, Shenmue 1 and 2, the sports games, with Tony Hawk 2 in particular.

WII: Wii Tennis, Mario Galaxy 1

So what do you all think and feel free to add the other systems, I only included the ones that I have played games from.?

I think my favorites on the PC platform are as follows:

Counter Strike 1.6 and Source
Battlefield 1942 (I still play this occasionally multiplayer online)
Battlefield Vietnam
Team Fortress Classic
AOE series
Alien vs Predator II
X Wing vs Tie Fighter
Medieval Total War
WoW
Team Fortress 2

My favorite games are:

Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble
Star Fox 64
GoldenEye
Perfect Dark
Sonic Riders
Shadow the Hedgehog
Star Fox Adventures
Star Fox Assault
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Nightfire
Agent Under Fire
Everything or Nothing
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Star Wars: Battle for Naboo
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition
Team Fortress 2
Banjo-Kazooie
Super Metroid
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

My favorite game of all time: Fallout 3 for xbox 360
others include:
Donkey Kong 64 for N64
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes for Gamecube
Mario Galaxy and Resident Evil 4 for Wii
Mario Kart 64 for N64

Civilization IV (+expansions and mods)
Morrowind
Baldur’s Gate

*Atari 2600: *
Pong. I bought an Atari Flashback not to long ago just to get my hands on Pong again.

*NES: *
- Super Mario 1, which I was once able to beat in less than six minutes.
- Super Mario 2, because it allowed for more diverse gameplay.
- Super Mario 3, for the obvious reasons.
- TMNT 1, because not only was it "Nintendo Hard" but it was the first Ninja Turtles game I actively played.
- TMNT 2: The Arcade, for the side-scrolling Arcade experience.
- Contra, for the co-op mode alone.
- Blades of Steel, for....well, being Blades of Steel.
- Legend of Zelda, for being simply amazing.
- Legend of Zelda II: The Adventures of Link, for keeping the Zelda feel but daring to be different.
- Metriod, for revolutionizing side-scrollers.
- Megaman, because everyone needs to punish themselves sometimes.

SNES:

• Super Mario World, for taking the franchise to the next level.
  • Super Metriod, ditto.
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, for being one of the greatest games ever made. Period.
  • Chrono Trigger for being the best game ever made, period.
  • Final Fantasy V for the gameplay, Final Fantasy VI for the story.
  • Mortal Kombat II and Street Fighter II, both because they were fighting games that took skill.
  • NHL 95, the first hockey game that allowed you to make trades between teams.
  • Bust-a-move, for being one very clever puzzle game.

SEGA GENESIS:

• Sonic 1/2/3/Knuckles, for some great side-scrolling gameplay.
  • Gunstar Heroes, for the gameplay and the co-op.

N64:

• GoldenEye, for the multiplayer.
  • Mario Kart 64, for the multiplayer. And for this youtube.com/watch?v=z79txh8WPPk. My favorite game on the system for sure.
  • Mario 64, for revolutionizing gaming as we know it today.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, for being one of the top five games of all time.

PS1:

• Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2, for being crazy fast paced.

PS2:

• Final Fantasy X, for a solid story and good gameplay.
  • Smackdown (various versions), making a great wrestling game.

GameCube:

• The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker for totally going with a new art style and delivering a great game.
  • Metriod Prime 1 and 2, for making Metriod work so well in 3D.
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee, for making several great tweaks and delviering a solid fighting game.
  • Ikaruga, one of the best top-down shooters I have ever played.
  • 007 Nightfire for the multiplayer, which me and my good buddies still play today.
  • Mario Kart 64, which me and my buddies play EVEN MORE.
  • Soul Calibur II, for being a very good technical fighting game.

X-Box 360:

• Halo 3, for the multiplayer and the co-op campaign.
  • Transformers: War for Cybertron for the same.
  • Left 4 Dead, for the same.
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum, for making a great Batman title.

Wii:

• Wii sports, for the simple fun.
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii, for taking all the greatness of the previous 2D Mario titles and combining them all to make an outstanding game.
  • Tiger Woods 2010, for making a very real golf game.
  • Metriod Prime 3, for the gameplay.
  • WarioWare, for the laughs.

DS (not counting re-releases):
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village, for making a puzzle game for everyone.

PC:

• Guild Wars, for having a wonderful game experience.
  • Team Fortress 2, for the multiplayer and class based system.
  • Starcraft and Warcraft II, for being so good I still palyed them despite being terrible at RTS's.

Wow! Great to see threads like this. Games aren't evil folks. :D

I like the way the above guy listed it, so I'll do it that way.

PC

• Star Craft
  • Star Craft 2 (OH YEAH!!!)
  • Warcraft 3
  • Diablo 2
  • Baldur's Gate
  • Baldur's Gate 2
  • Rainbow Six
  • Rainbow Six 3
  • Guild Wars GOTY
  • Marathon Trilogy
  • Medieval 2: Total War
  • Rome: Total War
  • Fallout 3
  • Team Fortress 2
  • Counter Strike: Source
  • Day of Defeat: Source
  • Half Life 2 Series

Xbox

• Matrix: Path of Neo
  • Halo 1/2

Xbox 360

• Gears of War 1/2
  • Halo 3
  • Call of Duty 4
  • Call of Duty 2 (Best WW2 FPS ever)
  • Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2

My all time favorites for each platform are currently:

• Star Craft 2 (PC): Just got this game after waiting 11 years, and it is hands down the best RTS I have ever played.

• Halo 1 (Xbox): All the Halo games are great, but Halo 1 in particular is just a load of classic FPS action. It's a bit old now, but loads of fun.

• Call of Duty 4 (Xbox 360) I played this game so much when it was released, including the beta. Best CoD game ever, and best modern shooter I've ever played.

Of courseI can't finish without mentioning Baldur's Gate 2, which somebody else put on their list. This game is a masterpiece of an RPG, and really shows how RPGs should be done. The story is great, the gameplay is second to none, and the visuals, while 2D, are gorgeous. I've played it and it's expansion through over 6 times, and loved every minute of it.

PC
Starcraft
(hoping to get Starcraft 2)

X Box 360
Mass Effect 1/2
Halo 3
COD MW
MW2

I think I have some kindred spirits on this thread. :D

Atari
[LIST]
*]Pitfall
*]Frogger
*]Joust
*]Q-Bert
[/LIST]

NES
[LIST]
*]Super Mario Bros. 3
*]Mega Man 3
*]Castlevania 3 (I guess I really like the third ones for some reason... ;))
[/LIST]

SNES
[LIST]
*]Super Mario World
*]Donkey Kong Country 2
*]Super Mario Kart (the original!)
*]Zelda: A Link to the Past
[/LIST]

N64
[LIST]
*]Mario 64
*]Mario Kart 64
*]Goldeneye
*]Zelda: Ocarina of Time
*]Zelda: Majora's Mask
[/LIST]

Gamecube
[LIST]
*]Mario Kart: Double Dash
*]Zelda: Windwaker
*]Super Smash Bros. Melee
[/LIST]

Wii
[LIST]
*]Mario Kart Wii
*]Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
*]Lego Batman
*]Lego Indiana Jones
[/LIST]

I still haven't gotten Zelda: Twilight Princess or else I'm sure that would be on the list. :)

Yes, I'm a Nintendo fanboy. :p

I’ve been playing a really awsome video game for the past week or so. It’s called The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivian. It’s a fantasy game. You can do just about anything in that game and go anywhere. I keep getting in trouble in the game for stealing things, lol. It’s a good game for older kids because there is no sex or cussing.

PC:
[LIST]
]Portal
*]Mass Effect 2 (switched from Xbox to PC for this one because it's *so
much prettier on PC, and I prefer the controls.)
*]Dragon Age: Origins
*]Starcraft 2
*]Torchlight (can't wait for Torchlight 2 to bring co-op!)
[/LIST]

Nintendo 64:
[LIST]
*]Zelda: Ocarina of Time
*]Worms Armageddon
*]Goldeneye
[/LIST]

Wii:
[LIST]
*]Super Mario Galaxy (and I'm sure SMG2 when I get it)
*]Okami
[/LIST]

Xbox 360:
[LIST]
*]Halo 3
*]Halo: Reach (based on nothing but the beta it would be one of my favorites. Add in everything Bungie has revealed, and it can't possibly come soon enough.)
*]BlazBlue
*]Rock Band 2
*]Darksiders
*]Mass Effect
[/LIST]

iPhone:
[LIST]
*]Angry Birds (terrifyingly addictive...)
*]FlightControl
*]Plants vs. Zombies
*]JetCarStunts
*]Zen Bound 2
*]Final Fantasy VII (for those of you going 'phwa?!', this is the only game I've ever pirated. The geek cred of having FFVII running on my phone was too tempting.)
[/LIST]

[quote="Alexander_Smith, post:7, topic:207739"]
* Halo 1 (Xbox): All the Halo games are great, but Halo 1 in particular is just a load of classic FPS action. It's a bit old now, but loads of fun.

[/quote]

I think Halo: Reach, despite all of the obvious additions like load outs and armor permutations, is the closest spiritual successor to the original Halo that we've had. No dual wielding, a pistol that is worth my time (it had the vast majority of my kills in the beta), slightly less ridiculous jumping physics than 2 and 3... it just feels right.

I've enjoyed every Halo game, but 1 and Reach might end up my stand out favorites together.

[quote="child_of_God85, post:10, topic:207739"]
I've been playing a really awsome video game for the past week or so. It's called The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivian. It's a fantasy game. You can do just about anything in that game and go anywhere. I keep getting in trouble in the game for stealing things, lol. It's a good game for older kids because there is no sex or cussing.

[/quote]

A lot of people compare Oblivion and Fallout 3 because of the "free will" concept. I've never played Oblivion, but I think Fallout 3 is the best game ever made (or at least one of them). Some people say F3 is just Oblivion with guns, but it's not. It's actually a very intellectual game, with allusions to literature, history, science, religion, government, and pop culture.

Can't wait for Fallout:New Vegas to come out (Oct. 19 here in the US, Oct. 21 in UK/Europe). Looks epic!

[quote="child_of_God85, post:10, topic:207739"]
I've been playing a really awsome video game for the past week or so. It's called The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivian. It's a fantasy game. You can do just about anything in that game and go anywhere. I keep getting in trouble in the game for stealing things, lol. It's a good game for older kids because there is no sex or cussing.

[/quote]

I love Oblivion. :D One of the best fantasy games available right now.

[quote="logic_oriented, post:12, topic:207739"]
I think Halo: Reach, despite all of the obvious additions like load outs and armor permutations, is the closest spiritual successor to the original Halo that we've had. No dual wielding, a pistol that is worth my time (it had the vast majority of my kills in the beta), slightly less ridiculous jumping physics than 2 and 3... it just feels right.

I've enjoyed every Halo game, but 1 and Reach might end up my stand out favorites together.

[/quote]

Same here. I played the Reach beta with my siblings (4 person split) and it was loads of fun. My overall impression was that it was a lot like Halo 1 and introduced some fantastic new elements that really improved the overall game.

Matchmaking for firefight and multiple firefight modes is enough reason for me to buy the game anyway. :thumbsup:

[quote="JackVk, post:13, topic:207739"]
A lot of people compare Oblivion and Fallout 3 because of the "free will" concept. I've never played Oblivion, but I think Fallout 3 is the best game ever made (or at least one of them). Some people say F3 is just Oblivion with guns, but it's not. It's actually a very intellectual game, with allusions to literature, history, science, religion, government, and pop culture.

Can't wait for Fallout:New Vegas to come out (Oct. 19 here in the US, Oct. 21 in UK/Europe). Looks epic!

[/quote]

Well they are both made by Bethesda, so they feel pretty similar. I've logged almost 100 hours into Fallout 3 though, so I think it holds my attention better. I also highly enjoyed the first Fallout games.

Just some of my all time favorites:

DS -- Pokemon Heart Gold, Super Mario 64 DS, Mario Kart, WarioWare DIY

Wii -- Mario Kart, Smash Bros. Brawl

N64 -- Super Mario 64, Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Donkey Kong 64, Mario Golf, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, San Francisco Rush, Kirby 64

Gamecube -- Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Kart Double Dash, Kirby Air Ride

GameBoy Advance -- Mario Kart Super Circuit, WarioWare

I've mostly been a Nintendo fan.

I've never played it before, but I've heard good things about Metal Gear Solid 3.

Probably shows my age, but most of my favorite games were genuine arcade games...

Gorf
Arkanoid
Galaga
Eye of the Beholder series of PC games
Pitfall (original Atari version)

Harvest Moon series,
Final Fantasy series,
Fallout 3,
Fable series,
Legend of Zelda series,
Sins of a Solar Empire.

Just to name a few.

Magic Carpet

http://www.flashingblade.net/classics//magic_carpet_1_01.gif

The Sentinel

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/9V_pgo3vgiI/0.jpg

Final fantasy entire seeries

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.