Favourite Bible Verses

Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say unto you: Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you.
John 6:54

" God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. " ( Ex 3:14 )

A rather gruesome verse .

" Jael, Heber’s wife, picked up a tent peg and a hammer and went quietly to him while he lay fast asleep, exhausted. She drove the peg through his temple into the ground, and he died." (Judges 4:21 )

God so loved the world - - - - - -

I’ve always been fond of Matthew 22:37-40.

37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

“And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.’” (Matthew 25:40)

There are so many great Bible verses that it’s impossible I think, to pick out a favorite. There is one that speaks to my heart that means a lot to me personally:

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. (Philippians 1:6, ESV)

" Do all things without complaining or bickering with each other, so you will be found innocent and blameless; you are God’s children called to live without a single stain on your reputations among this perverted and crooked generation. Shine like stars across the land." (Philippians 2:14-16)

I’ve had depression my whole life, so this one: “He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away”. Revelation 21:4 (RSVCE, 2nd edition)

Perhaps these verses from Isaiah 41:9-10 may help , @adamhovey1988 .

Meanwhile , may the Lord’s healing come upon you .

" I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.