favourites

i pray for everbpdy living and dead, but i have found that i am drawn more to pray for the dying and the holy souls in purgatory, they are my 2 favourite prayer intentions…do any of you have a favourite prayer intention?

This may sound sefl-centered, but I mostly pray that my own impact in this life is a positive one.

I pray a lot for the Holy Souls too - I try to gain indulgences for them when I can. Much prayer for the Church also - that our bishops, priests and religious grow in holiness and especially for much-needed vocations to the priesthood and religious life.

My other big prayer intentions have to do with pro-life matters. I’ve taken to the practice of ‘spiritual adoption’ whereby you pray for a year straight for a particular unborn child (whose name is known only to God) who is in danger of abortion - that they are granted the chance to live by their parents.

Funny how prayer goes. My sister, a very much fallen-away Catholic, has a beautiful two-year old little girl. When bub was born I prayed very hard that she would baptise the child - lo and behold she did :getholy:

For the conversion of sinners and non-believers (especially family and loved ones), reparation for sin (my own and others’), pro-life/pro-family issues, for the grace to discern and follow God’s will in my life.

I like to say the St. Gertrude prayer at the Consecration at Mass and every time I pass a cemetery or a roadside cross. This prayer covers everyone in Purgatory and on earth.

Prayer of St. Gertrude

Eternal Father, I offer thee the most precious blood of thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughthout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.