So… here is a moral situation, for which I do hope I may get some support. I don’t think this time it is just scrupulosity, even though many of you know that I have that tendency, and at times have suffered from it a lot.
I have actually been doing quite well, and most of all this year I have made a many-years-long dream come true, and moved to the country where I had been dreaming of living for a long time, always travelling back and forth, in my heart living more there already…It was really like a miracle, and it did involve some things that I like to call miracles if I may say so, just things that turned out well when it looked very very difficult because of some paperwrok technicalities… only with God :)).
This just as an intro to the situation.
Now, after about half a year of being away, I have been planning a short visit to my birth country at the end of next month. Need to get some paperwork done there still, but most of all of course it will be good to see my parents and other family - and very much also my grandparents, because they are already very old (with my parents I write per e-mail a lot, so we are in good touch).
So… planning a short visit only, maybe a week, because I do have a lot of financial obligations and I cannot miss too many work days (I am self-employed, don’t want to put any details here now).
And then HOPEFULLY again a short visit for Christmas I think that would make my folks, especially my grandma, very happy.
NOW, into the e-mail discussion about how I will travel there (plane, train… looking for cheap fares) with my Mom, today I got an e-mail from her that my Granddad had to go to the hospital. Something rather serious.
Now I wrote my Mom back whether I should I come NOW`??? Already llooked for a flight for tomorrow, but evry expensive :-/. She wrote me back no I don’t have to come, it is looking better already, they must wait and see how it is tomorrow.
For many reasons, one of the biggest being the price of the fares right now, being MUCH higher, and just the way I had things planned out (about payments, etc) it would of course be much better - for me personally - if I could stick with my old plan and go the end of September.
I just now wonder if there is something sinful about not travelling right away if my grandfather is in the hospital… ??
I know, immediately thinking of sin already has the danger of leading into scrupulosity again maybe, and that energy could be used prayng for him
Just would love to have some moral support here. Maybe somebody in a similar situation, living away from family or something… I doubt that there are any actual rules, catholic-wise, on what exectly one has to do?