FBI Director Comey's FULL Testimony On Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election

See “FBI Director Comey’s FULL Testimony On Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election” on Monday, 3/20/17 at youtube.com/watch?v=FlKMELRxP9Q

Just what I thought: Much Ado about nothing;
Zero evidence of the Russians doing anything.

Nothing but “wild speculation”. :smiley:

If Comey was a conservative, he would have been fired. :thumbsup:
If he was an honorable man, he would have resigned back
in November for caving in to political pressure and letting
Hillary off the hook for her nefarious
federal crimes.

I have heard many say that Comey is a leftist political hack
with nothing 2 do but attack the best
Prez we’ve had in years. I tend to agree.

Like I’ve always said. Zero evidence

Not exactly nothing. As Comey said they the FBI’s standard for opening an investigation is high, considering that they have limited resources. They did say they were investigating whether people associated with the Trump campaign were coordinating with the Russians. Which means they do have some evidence and are continuing to seek out more evidence.

This does not mean Trump himself is being investigated. This does not mean that anyone who is occupying a gov position at this point is being investigated. It could be that IF anyone connected to the Trump campaign (or any other US citizen/resident) were coordinating with the Russians, they are not in any gov position at this point.

Let us pray that Trump himself was not involved and that no one in power now was involved, and if any US citizen were involved it was unwittingly (Comey also discussed that possibility in a hypothetical general sense).

And hopefully Trump and his team will get on board and support the investigation into Russian interference, call on the American people to be helpful and watchful in this investigation, and root out this insidious interference.

You watched the whole 5 plus hours of the video?

Here we have it:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y_AMNAGaLX4

90% of the United States Dept of Justice (which includes the FBI) attorneys
and investigators made
political donations to the Demo(n)crat party!:thumbsup:

No surprise.

I spent 30 + years as a US agency, federal prosecutor. I’m just surprised the percentage
wasn’t 99%. :shrug:

Someone needs to remind posters that this is a “Catholic” answers. This is not
a vehicle of the leftist media.:wink:

The “Demo(n)crat party”? Come on. You want to have a serious discussion, fine, that’s what we’re all here for. But you’re just closing the door. You’re sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly, closing your ears (and mind) to anything but your own (only marginally fact-based) opinion.

I saw the whole thing on cable. :shrug:

The poster of this propaganda did not allow facts to get in the way
of postings. Of course, she did not view the testimony.:mad:

If she did, she should state what cable channel she watched it on.:thumbsup:

Oh excuse me. How many years did U spend working as a lawyer for
the U. S. govt??:thumbsup::smiley:

notice how this liberal New Yorker goes right
for my throat in this post.
No contradiction of facts. Just
wild false characterizations.

I haven’t heard facts here about the number of years the
analysts of Comey’s political testimony spent
working as a prosecutor for the US government.:thumbsup::smiley:

You opened the door with “Demo(n)crat Party”. That isn’t something typically written by someone interested in serious discussion.

See how easily we get discarded. You said Democrat, you must be a loony or something to that effect while they pretend to want a serious discussion

This is ONLY Comey’s UNCLASSIFIED testimony.

The classified testimony is not being released.

The word used by MikeWest was “DemoNcrat”, not “Democrat”. I suggest reading a little more carefully.

I watched it on TV, but had to go to phys therapy for 1.5 hrs in the middle, so I missed that portion, but I do have it recorded on my TV and plan to watch that part I missed sometime soon.

I watched it on CSPAN until they went to other programming, then I switched to MSNBC (which just ran the coverage without comments or commercials).

I never claimed there was definitive evidence that anyone did any wrong-doing, only that the FBI and NSA were investigating Russian interference in our recent election and possible coordination of people in the Trump campaign in this.

That does not mean they have any conclusive evidence, only that they have some fact-based suspicions.

While they were quite definite about Russian interference, and spoke about it fairly openly, let us pray that no US citizens were involved, wittingly or unwittingly.

We actually need all US citizens and politicians to join forces and fight against this hostile foreign intervention. It would in no way whatsoever benefit any party, Democratic or Republican, if some US citizens were found to be involved.

MODERATOR WARNING

No name calling

All posts are to be charitable

Discuss the issues, not each other

Wonder how Russia interfered with a US Presidential election? Can somebody explain this?

I thought Americans would be able to make up their own mind on whom to elect. If anything, a so-called interference on the election by a foreign power and a hostile one at that, though I am scratching my head on how they did it, would likely backfire on the candidate that they were supposed to support/prefer.

US Officials: Info suggests Trump associates may have coordinated with Russians

Washington (CNN)The FBI has information that indicates associates of President Donald Trump communicated with suspected Russian operatives to possibly coordinate the release of information damaging to Hillary Clinton’s campaign, US officials told CNN.

This is partly what FBI Director James Comey was referring to when he made a bombshell announcement Monday before Congress that the FBI is investigating the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia, according to one source.

The FBI is now reviewing that information, which includes human intelligence, travel, business and phone records and accounts of in-person meetings, according to those U.S. officials. The information is raising the suspicions of FBI counterintelligence investigators that the coordination may have taken place, though officials cautioned that the information was not conclusive and that the investigation is ongoing.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.