FBI offers $5,000 reward after bacon found at Vegas mosque

Actually it isn’t. If people spent as much time researching the facts as making baseless accusations about a bias that doesn’t exist then we wouldn’t be talking about it now. If it assuages the cries for attention in this thread then I will point out the fact that the FBI is also offering rewards for hate crimes committed against Christian churches. Offending Catholics from a distance on public property isn’t one of them because it isn’t a crime. Vandalizing a Mosque on private property is a crime so it is one of the instances of hate crimes the FBI is investigating. No hypocrisy.

0 Likes

Catholic statues have been vandalized on Church property so surely, cases like that and others should be called hate crimes besides “vandalism”.

What the WND article sounds like is the right to protest; no matter how vulgar it is similar to those groups that protest funerals from a distance.

0 Likes

Amen!

0 Likes

I’m not sure I read anyone saying this, can one point to a certain post?

0 Likes

Sure we all should all be treated equally. But should we strictly be talking religious hate rhetoric and crimes which were the words of Lynch and apparent FBI inspiration to offer a reward. Then the same standard should apply regardless of muslim or who-ever. I mean does the islamophobia protest come next? :slight_smile:

0 Likes

You are exaggerating, vandalism requires the destruction of or damage to property. Since it happened on private property, I wonder if you can even charge them with littering.

0 Likes

When? When has the FBI ever investigated vandalism less than a hundred dollars damage. If they found the person, would they right him the citation? That is the extent of the crime.

0 Likes

Ah, so now you’re adding qualifiers. Before it was just an assertion that the FBI doesn’t investigate or offer rewards in hate crimes against Christian churches, which is untrue. As to your new question, I don’t know what the costs associated with removing the bacon from their property were. Do you? The FBI was brought into this case by the local police because it is a hate crime.

0 Likes

Actually it isn’t.

Are you remotely serious.

If people spent as much time researching the facts as making baseless accusations about a bias that doesn’t exist then we wouldn’t be talking about it now.

If people stop getting ahead of themselves and actually make their point then there wouldn’t be these wasted words and we could stick to the points.

If it assuages the cries for attention in this thread then I will point out the fact that the FBI is also offering rewards for hate crimes committed against Christian churches.

Please spare me the verbal work out. However, Lynch in specifics pointed out Muslims then came this ridiculous case following. And with it is hypocrisy as she mentioned no one but muslims and to boot 57% of religious crimes are with the Jews. And as you claim its happens to other religions right above.

As far as the FBI offering a $5000. reward for a similar case of vandalism with no property damage, I look forward to you posting it.

Offending Catholics from a distance on public property isn’t one of them because it isn’t a crime.

But we are not talking only that case and neither are you, though you would like to strengthen a point you never made but it doesn’t and I’ll show you why

Vandalizing a Mosque on private property is a crime so it is one of the instances of hate crimes the FBI is investigating. No hypocrisy.

And this is why, and if pork on a door handle is hate as you now say then well that makes Oklahoma hate and also hypocrisy.

Its hypocrisy because she failed to mention anyone but muslims and well as you say it happens to others too and more so then muslims

Its hypocrisy because you’ll never find such a ridiculous similar situation with Catholics as you contend exists with no property damage and a $5000 reward…

0 Likes

It can’t qualify as vandalism since there wasn’t any property damage. In other cases prosecuted, the pork product was accompanied by other actions that did damage the property.

I expect they can still find some statue though, maybe equating the pork with some verbal insult.

0 Likes

The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police asked for the FBI’s involvement in this case so why are you even talking about Lynch?

I see you’re shifting the goal posts too. Come up with a similar case and we’ll see if the local police asked for FBI involvement and what their response was. Support your accusations with more than hot air.

One is Constitutionally protected free speech and the other is not. This differences are obvious and have been pointed out already so I’m not sure why you don’t understand that. Just sounds like more boo-hooing that Catholics aren’t at the center of attention.

0 Likes

The principal investigative arm of the U.S. Department of Justice IS the FBI. Of which Lynch just promised to investigate these Islamic cases of hate etc.

I don’t need to supply a thing you do as you stated a like case exists as Las Vegas.

One is Constitutionally protected free speech and the other is not. This differences are obvious and have been pointed out already so I’m not sure why you don’t understand that. Just sounds like more boo-hooing that Catholics aren’t at the center of attention.

What in the world are you talking about beside nothing. :rolleyes:

0 Likes

It is not a new qualifier, at least from what I said. I clearly said the “same offense.” I did not even use the word “crime” because what was done is not even a crime, because of the lack of dollar damage, unless you count the crime against humanity for wasting bacon.

Again, if they found the person, so what? Make sure he pays his fine?

They are investigating hate, an emotion, making their role Orwellian, not law enforcement, not that they are worth a dime as law enforcement anyway. They are a political arm, not police.

0 Likes

Excuse my ignorance.
How does one verify this news and reward is true ?
Should it appear here somewhere ?
So that I learn to check this sort of news…

m.fbi.gov/#https://www.fbi.gov/wanted

0 Likes

I’d bet the news has gone out that all potential cases of Muslim Hate Crimes are to be reported, and the FBI chose to get involved. This scenario fits perfectly with Lynch’s speech on the topic.

It’s ludicrous to suggest the LVMP doesn’t feel they have the skills to investigate this misdemeanor crime.

0 Likes

As they should be. Don’t like it? Don’t commit a hate crime.

0 Likes

Me thinks you are projecting. I’m all for crimes being reported.

0 Likes

Then why the complaints about this one being reported?

0 Likes

Thank God someone said it. And it seems that those responding to your point are simply doubling down on the justification front.

0 Likes

Perhaps we can see what posts are saying this hate is justified; sounds like a self-righteous accusatory and arrogant thing to say let alone with no backup. Since the poster did not do that, perhaps someone else can carry this mantle and show us.

Seeing how that post was #7; I find it scandalous to assert such.

I’m a bit surprised by the take of a few here who say, essentially, that hate is justified because the same hate was shown to Christians…somehow I missed that justification in the Gospel message.

0 Likes

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.