FBI to conduct new investigation of emails from Clinton’s private server

The FBI will investigate whether additional classified material is contained in emails sent using Hillary Clinton’s private email server while she was secretary of state, FBI director James Comey informed congressional leaders Friday.

The announcement appears to restart the FBI’s probe of Clinton’s server, less than two weeks before the presidential election, an explosive development that could shape the campaign’s final days.

washingtonpost.com/politics/fbi-to-conduct-new-investigation-of-emails-from-clintons-private-server/2016/10/28/0b1e9468-9d31-11e6-9980-50913d68eacb_story.html

The FBI is probing new emails related to Hillary Clinton, FBI Director James Comey said in a Friday letter.

“In previous congressional testimony, I referred to the fact that the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) had completed its investigation of former Secretary Clinton’s personal email server. Due to recent developments, I am writing to supplement my previous testimony,” Comey wrote.

“In connection with an unrelated case, the FBI has learned of the existence of emails that appear to be pertinent to the investigation. I am writing to inform you that the investigative team briefed me on this yesterday, and I agreed that the FBI should take appropriate investigative steps designed to allow investigators to review these emails to determine whether they contain classified information, as well as to assess their importance to our investigation,” he added.

“Although the FBI cannot yet assess whether or not this material may be significant, and I cannot predict how long it will take us to complete this additional work, I believe it is important to update your Committees about our efforts in light of my previous testimony,” Comey concluded.

cnbc.com/2016/10/28/fbi-probing-new-clinton-emails.html

In my mind, Comey no longer has any credibility. His pretense of investigative diligence now just doesn’t ring true.

This is not good for anyone’s campaign. I bet the Clinton camp is in a panic and there are calls being made to the White House about now.

Trump: “This is bigger than Watergate. This is bigger than Watergate, in my opinion.” cbsn.ws/21vPMY2

Well, I’ll agree with him that all the Clinton shenanigans exposed by Wikileaks is bigger than Watergate, but the press doesn’t agree with him.

Trump should never have made enemies of so many in the press, now he needs them and they are not there for him.

I suspect this investigation will be executed with all the diligence and thoroughness of the prior investigation. Another show for us plebes…

Trump has those enemies by virtue of running as a republican. Romney, McCain, Dole, Bush, Palin and any other individual identifying as a republican had/have the same enemies.

Think of the press as democrat operatives with bylines.

The markets have reacted negatively, since they fear a Trump presidency.

Mexican peso was the first to fall. I don’t think that’ll help anyone, to be honest.

FBI investigation into Clinton’s private email server was never officially closed, law enforcement sources tell CBS

Perfect. Obama gets a third term. They’ll invoke some special rule that will delay the election. After that, contrived tragedy, and Obama for permanent monarch.

Talk about pure hypocrisy and how evil the GOP claims are about the use of private email servers. GOP constant investigation for their own private email servers including Colin Powell…Crickets :eek:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_White_House_email_controvers
y

During the 2007 Congressional investigation of the dismissal of eight U.S. attorneys, it was discovered that administration officials had been using a private Internet domain, called gwb43.com, owned by and hosted on an email server run by the Republican National Committee/

Congressional requests for administration documents while investigating the dismissals of the U.S. attorneys required the Bush administration to reveal that not all internal White House emails were available. Conducting governmental business in this manner is a possible violation of the Presidential Records Act of 1978.[5] Over 5 million emails may have been lost
White House officials were using nongovernmental accounts specifically to avoid creating a record of the communications."**

…According to a former White House official, Karl Rove used RNC-hosted addresses for **roughly “95 percent” of his email. Rove provided email from his kr@georgewbush.com **address in exhibits to the United States House Committee on the Judiciary…

Of the 88 White House officials who received RNC email accounts,** the RNC has preserved no emails for 51 officials…**
CIA leak grand jury investigation**
Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson alleged that his wife’s identity was covert and that members of the George W. Bush administration knowingly revealed that information as retribution for his New York Times op-ed entitled “What I Didn’t Find in Africa,” of July 6, 2003, regarding the claim that Saddam Hussein was seeking uranium…

Of couse, Y’all are silent about GOP private email servers and the lost of emails because of hatred toward HRC.

He is probably trying to salvage a little bit of his skin or someone else’s skin.

Americans would never tolerate that.

Should she have been allowed to run for president with an open criminal investigation?

Throw them in jail as well. A clean sweep of our government to emphasize they are our employees not our masters would be a good thing.

I’ve seen the Powell thing hashed over - he seems to have duplicated all emails sent via private email on government systems.

But don’t worry, this investigation isn’t going to go anywhere. And the press will do what it does best when there are stories casting democrats in a bad light

As Dave Burge says, journalism today consists of

Covering the important stories.
With a pillow.
Until they stop moving.

Better to talk about bimbo eruptions and crude language on both sides than compromises to national security, violation of election laws, campaign financing law, conflicts of interest, use of government office for personal gain, corruption, violations of FOIA etc.

I would say yes. Otherwise, all it would take to keep someone from running is someone willing to make claims against them. That starts an investigation regardless of whether they’re true or not. It has already been an election tactic to lay charges against folks running so they have to spend at a minimum time/energy addressing. The strategy is also the hope the uninformed public will focus on the headline/soundbite without understanding the basis…

The electorate can take into account the fact there is an investigation when voting.

This is a serious issue, however, saw the following tweet and thought it was amusing- in a black humor kind of way;

“Or maybe Jim Comey just found more Clinton cronies he needed to immunize before 2017 and he couldn’t do that w/ a closed investigation.” @smsteinhp

Then what if HRC is elected in and found criminal later?

In theory she is subject to impeachment. If tried by the Senate and found guilty (IMHO highly unlikely,) she would be removed from office and replaced by her Vice President.

Now, now, now your just pilling on. FBI has immunized all the inner circle so no one has to testify against anyone so no one has to roll over on someone else to spill the beans and…has agreed to destroy the evidence. So just where do you think this can lead?

All Clinton needs to do is another half million dollar fund raiser for an agents wife and its will be lights out again.

So in essence…in 11 days, Americans are voting for either Trump or Kaine.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.