FBI's Clinton probe expands to public corruption track

If they need to wrap all this up together, it may delay the filing of charges.
I am encouraged that they are not overlooking this area.

FBI’s Clinton probe expands to public corruption track

EXCLUSIVE: The FBI investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of private email as secretary of state has expanded to look at whether the possible “intersection” of Clinton Foundation work and State Department business may have violated public corruption laws, three intelligence sources not authorized to speak on the record told Fox News.

This new investigative track is in addition to the focus on classified material found on Clinton’s personal server.

As much as I would like to see Hillary Clinton knocked out of the race to the WH, this is nothing more than a witch hunt, a waste of money and time.

Jim

Do you think Obama is behind the ‘witch hunt’
or do you just have an alternative interpretation of the legal statutes?

I don’t believe Obama has anything to do with this, but the GOP.

I watched the entire 11 hours of the hearings where Trey Gowdy attacked Hillary like she was on trial.

She handled herself exceptionally well and nothing was found to warrant this amount of time and money.

Jim

Jim, this story is about the FBI investigation and potential charges.
The FBI investigation is completely independent of the GOP hearings.
The FBI is part of Obama’s branch of Govt

So, I’ll repeat my question: Do you think Obama is behind the ‘witch hunt’, or do you just have an alternative interpretation of the legal statutes (than the FBI)?

Total coincidence that there are multiple examples of people, entities or govts getting favorable treatment from the State Dept, and soon after a large sum of money is deposited to the Clinton (slush fund) Foundation, and/or huge speaking fees given to her or Bill.

Total coincidence.

:thumbsup: It never ceases to amaze me how partisans will cover for their candidate regardless of party. But last time I checked, the FBI is not part of the GOP.

The FBI merely needs information fed to them to continue an already open investigation.

Most likely, Trey Gowdy and company are feeding info, but I really don’t know.

I doubt its Obama.

And currently, only Fox News is running with this which has me skeptical especially with a statement like this; “three intelligence sources not authorized to speak on the record told Fox News.”

Jim

Despite republican claims, there is no FBI investigation of Hillary Clinton

Now that Hillary Clinton has emerged from eleven hours of Benghazi and email testimony unscathed, and the supposed scandal appears to have been all put put to bed in the minds of the American mainstream, some republican candidates and conservative voters alike are still saying “Just wait for the FBI investigation of Hillary Clinton to play out.” Here’s the catch: there is no FBI investigation of Clinton. In fact there never was one. And the FBI has publicly said as much.

dailynewsbin.com/news/there-is-no-fbi-investigation-of-hillary-clinton/22894/

I believe Fox News is fabricating the story for political purposes.

Jim

This criminal behavior was discovered through hackers and a Judicial Watch lawsuit. Through this it was found out that Clinton set up a private email server that was managed by a person who has no security clearance, and run through a mom-and-pop company in Colorado who housed their servers in a condo bathroom.

When this was found out, the FBI was rightly concerned about the blatant disregard and circumvention of our national security protocals and laws. They began investigating and requested the server (which was turned over). They have been investigating since that time.

It’s funny the length you will go to protect your favored politicians and to smear their political opponents and the FBI.

The FBI isn’t investigating Hillary, according to the FBI…

FYI, I don’t have any favorites in this election so stop with the bogus accusations

Jim

If Saudi Arabia made substantial contributions to the Clinton Foundation and are also the biggest foes of things like the Keystone Pipeline, are they now getting their money’s worth when Hilary changes her position? It certainly is worth a look into her emails and other documents.

Aren’t we discussing two different stories here - Benghazi, and the email & public corruption scandal, which I believe the FBI is looking into.

The latter has no fingerprints of the GOP on it, and to claim otherwise is silly.

It might not be the same thing, but when I was in banking years ago, “coincidences” like that would have landed me in Leavenworth. No question about it.

I have had some experience with the FBI (not as a defendant, thank goodness) and they ordinarily never tell what or who they are investigating until they already have a case made and the target essentially can’t escape being charged anymore.

More likely the liberal mainstream media just don’t want to go there.I don’t find it surprising at all,really true to form:rolleyes:

I appreciate the clarification on presidential preference. However, the reason this is still going on is because the Administration and SOS Clinton have been nothing short of recalcitrant in this investigation and there was clearly a cover-up.

It also doesn’t help that Elijah Cummings is turning the entire affair into a circus/DNC ad while Trey Gowdy is trying to do his job. Gowdy had even asked the candidates not to run ads based on the hearing.

I also very much disagree this is a witchhunt, because the FBI is investigating.

I also cannot subscribe to the cost justification that the left has also been using because they and their leaders spend like drunken sailors on everything else and are just worried that Candidate Clinton, who was deemed a shoe-in and that no one from either party should have seriously challenged her, is now in hot water.

Again, if people had cooperated earlier–the Democrats, the media, ect. in doing what was proper instead of trying to protect incumbent Democrats in 2012, this may be a dead issue now.

But the problem is they keep finding more and more and more.

I don’t think Gowdy attacked anyone from what little I saw. And length of time does mean it was a quality hearing, especially with all of these new e-mails coming out.

It seems very clear to me that Trey Gowdy is trying to do his job.

Had other people in government done that, such a hearing would not have been necessary.

If anyone is to blame, it’s Hilary Clinton, the State Department and the Obama Administration.

Or am I to understand that Democrats just want the power and position, not any of the real responsibility.

Then Fox News shouldn’t have reported it, if the FBI would not have told them. :wink:

Jim

Or more likely, the MSM isn’t going to report a story without having the facts to backup their story.

Jim

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.