Feast Day of St. Teresa of Avila

Feast Day of St. Teresa of Avila…Anyone celebrating?

Peace,

Gail

Yes! I’m celebrating it as a Feast per the O.Carm calendar.
For our OCD/OCDS brothers and sisters it is a Solemnity.

Me

Jim

:slight_smile: She is my favorite saint.

What do Catholics do on this day? (I’m a new convert).

I always celebrate on this day ('cause it’s my birthday) :smiley:

Me 2 ! :smiley:

Happy Birthday

Jim

You can do whatever you like.

For me, the LOTH morning prayer is the Memorial of St. Teresa of Avila. I use the prayers for a Doctor of the Church.

Jim

Hi Jim, what is the LOTH morning prayer? What are the prayers for a Doctor of the church?

“Do whatever you like”? Are you saying that there is no custom? Just that some people like to make special prayers to her?

Hi Lisa

Hi Jim, what is the LOTH morning prayer? What are the prayers for a Doctor of the church?

Sorry I assumed you would know.

LOTH = Liturgy of the Hours, AKA “The Divine Office.” They are the daily prayers said at various times of the day, referred to as “hours”, by the Catholic Church.

They consist of Psalms and Scripture Readings and prayers for each hour.

Do a search on CAF for Liturgy of the Hours, for further information and “how to” links.

“Do whatever you like”? Are you saying that there is no custom? Just that some people like to make special prayers to her?

Correct, except that the Church officially proclaimed this day for St. Teresa of Avila. All Masses and LOTH’s are in memorandum of her.

Jim

Happy Birthday IrishAm and Jim! Happy Feast Day to St. Teresa!

St. Teresa of Avila is a doctor of the church.:slight_smile: yes?

She is my Patron Saint. :slight_smile:

Hi Jim, I’m reading online as to what the LOTH is. I get really frustrated that my Catholic education is so pathetic. If I didn’t learn it in RCIA I don’t know it and I didn’t learn much of anything in RCIA. I try to pick up Catholic books once in awhile but it just seems like I’m flopping around and getting no where. It takes time I know.

Yes, am celebrating by invoking her over in the Prayer Intentions section of the forum, also sent a reading by St. Teresa to a friend who I think might like it, and being generally happy that I chose her as a patron saint at Confirmation. :slight_smile:

~~ the phoenix

I’m listening to 15th. Century liturgical music (Thomas Tallis) as I write this, in fact. St. Teresa probably heard this very music…no wonder it always makes me feel cloistered and prayerful!
Happy Feast Day, St. Teresa and Happy B’day to
IrishAm and Jim!

**Feast Day Blessings to all :slight_smile: **

** :cake: Happy Birthday to IrishAm and my Honey (Jim) :love:**

Not really. Just doing my regular workday schedule. I also do the entire Divine Office, and we had some special antiphones and prayers in honor of Teresa. :slight_smile:

Happy Feast Day to St. Teresa of Avila , she’s one of my favorites saints , too .
Happy Birthday JimR and IrishAm !

Let us remember one great prayer Saint Teresa of Avila taught :

Let nothing disturb you,
Nothing frighten you.
All things are passing.
God never changes.
Patient endurance attains all things.
Whoever possesses God lacks nothing,
God alone is sufficient.

Amen

:cake: :flowers: :dancing: Happy Birthday also, IrishAm and JimR!
And Happy Feast day to St. Theresa of Avila who I hold a special place in my heart for, as it was her that brought me back to God through her writings on the Interior Castle.

Blessings,
Lilly:heart:

:amen:
Thanks for the reminder! :wink:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.