Federal court orders preliminary relief from HHS mandate for FOCUS

DENVER (CNS) – The U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado issued an order April 23 granting a preliminary injunction on enforcement of the federal contraceptive mandate against the Fellowship of Catholic University Students.

catholicnews.com/data/briefs/cns/20140424.htm

“In its lawsuit, filed with the court in December, FOCUS argued that being required to provide coverage it morally opposes violates its freedom of religion under the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution and the Religious Freedom Restoration Act”

The Fellowship of Catholic University Students got a preliminary injunction against enforcement of the HHS mandate. That is good. This horrible mandate is a clear violation of religious liberty and should simply be dumped.

I see Dr. Dobson called Obama the “abortion president”, I’m looking for a more mainstream source on that story. He ran into the same kinds of problems and I think they got an exemption.

Dr. Dobson is back.:thumbsup: He is a strong advocate for life.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.