Federal judge overturns Washington DC ban on guns in public

Washington (AFP) - A federal judge ruled that the ban on citizens carrying handguns in public in the US capital is unconstitutional.

In a 19-page opinion, Judge Frederick Scullin ruled on Saturday that "there is no longer any basis on which this Court can conclude that the District of Columbia’s total ban on the public carrying of ready-to-use handguns outside the home is constitutional under any level of scrutiny.

“Therefore, the Court finds that the District of Columbia’s complete ban on the carrying of handguns in public is unconstitutional.”

news.yahoo.com/federal-judge-overturns-washington-dc-ban-guns-public-073558882.html

Yea, I think this was just a matter of time, fortunate Obama didn’t finalize his assault on the Federal Court. The consistent aggression against the constitution is time consuming to correct. :slight_smile:

Your post caused me to look up a quote I remembered: “Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom.” Eternity is indeed a very long time.

I was a little surpised by the article I found on it. I would love to just post the whole thing here, but the enforcement of copyright laws also takes a lot of time, so I will just post the link.:slight_smile:

wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_said_eternal_vigilance_is_the_price_of_freedom

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.