Feds say no end in sight for policy of 'dumping' illegal immigrants in Arizona, Gov. Brewer says

foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/07/feds-say-no-end-in-sight-for-policy-dumping-illegal-immigrants-in-arizona-gov/

Really sad.

On a side note, it’s understandable that many Americans are angry about this stuff, but I wish they wouldn’t direct their anger at the poor souls on those buses – especially the children.

:frowning:

Agreed. The kids really can’t be held responsible for any of this (including getting here illegally).

The problem is, what do we do with these children?

No, we don’t want to blame them. Or take anything out on them.

But what do we do with them?

We don’t have enough foster parents for American children. Who thinks we are going to have enough for foreign children? Or do we just let them go? To live on the streets? :shrug:

They need to be returned to their parents,then returned back to their homeland.

:thumbsup:

+1

The atrocities that are visited on these children when they are returned to their homes is horrific. I wouldn’t want that on my conscience!

As someone posted earlier,re charity,using the analogy of a family struggling to make ends meet,feed their own children,chooses to send $$$ to a third world country to feed their starving children.
We have enough of our own issues here in the USA,where does it stop?We can’t fix all the world’s problems and our first responsibility is to our own children,grandchildren.
We are teetering on the precipice of economic collapse,we can’t continue to allow people to come into our country illegally,no matter how heartbreaking their stories may be.

Agree with you :thumbsup:. The way that they are being dumped into other states is not right.

Okay.

So who should be taking care of them? And should they be taken care of to the neglect of our own children?

I don’t blame the children. I blame the thoroughly corrupt, crime ridden, 3rd world nation, that is Mexico.

If you’re making the point that we should prevent them from making the trip in the first place, rather than just dealing with them once they get here,I completely agree.

sharylattkisson.com/the-big-unanswered-questions-about-the-child-illegal-immigrants/

I don’t mean to be preachy, but Christ was pretty clear about the poor:

Then the king will say to those at his right hand, “Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.” Matthew 25:34-36

Christ is within each of these children. Who among us would turn away Christ, no matter what challenges were presented by inviting Him in?

The voyage of the St. Louis comes to mind. Back then, Americans worried about the economic effects of increasing immigration quotas, too. They were still reeling from the Depression and weren’t in favor of sharing the scarce number of available jobs with immigrants. God help those with 937 Jewish lives on their consciences. And God help me should I become complicit in turning away those whom Christ most loves.

Then, of course, there’s Hitler, who mocked the American stance on immigration back in 1939: “It is a shameful example to observe today how the entire democratic world dissolves into tears of pity but then, in spite of its obvious duty to help, closes its heart to the poor, tortured people.”

How?

I mean it, how, exactly are we suppose to take care of all of these children?

We simply do not have the facilities to care for this many children, all at once. :shrug:

The fundamental question is this: Should those who cross our border illegally be placed ahead of those who are already waiting in line, so to speak, and following the rules? I say No, but apparently a lot of Americans say Yes.

Before I try to legitimately respond to your question, I have to ask: Is this really the question you’d ask if Jesus were outside your door? I’m not trying to elicit eye rolls here but really – would you ask how you’d manage to support Christ if He were the illegal immigrant here?

I live in one of two states that are tied for the highest percentage of state and national taxes paid yearly. I’m definitely not wealthy. I have my own children to think about, I worry about constant and expensive home repairs, I have summer programs and college tuition to think about, etc. And I’d still be amenable to an increased tax burden to help these immigrants. I’m sure none of us likes to think in such terms, but maybe Jesus really meant it when He suggested that we sell our possessions and give to the poor. Not all of us would be able to do so, certainly, but many of us can. Christ didn’t say anything about only caring for the poor in one’s own country.

I’m not claiming that the solution to this problem is easy, or even that I have it readily available. But the question I began with above seems to determine that our only option as Christians is to find a way to care for these children. And I admit I grow weary of claims that we can’t possibly do so. Jesus was no fool. He certainly knew that He was speaking to those who voice the kinds of concerns we all have about this issue. And He still didn’t qualify His comments with “When it’s easy to do so” or “When it doesn’t discomfort you to do so.”

Thank you! I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed that. See my earlier point:

There were plenty of potential immigrants on wait lists – people who were doing everything the “right way” – back when the St. Louis arrived on our shores. Does this somehow mean that the decision to turn the St. Louis away was morally justified?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.