Feel silly asking, but I need some help

I’m having a very stressful time, and it won’t be getting better till I get some stuff resolved in the next couple weeks.

I feel silly asking, because I’m realitively healthy, and in decent shape financially-- so many out there in more trouble than I am.

But I’m overwhelmed, would just like to lay down and stay down. Desparately need some decompression time, and that’s not happening for a while yet…

Thanks.

Praying for you Sam.

When you feel the burden of the Cross is too heavy, ask Jesus for relief. He will not deny the soul that trusts in His Mercy.

Sounds like the on set of depression. have to be Careful with that silent killer

Oh my goodness Sam. Don’t ever be ashamed in asking for prayers. I will keep you in my morning rosary.
Kathy

I have been through stressful times in my life too. What I do is to not take on any extra responsibilites during my stressful times.

I eat comfort foods and rest as much as possible. I don’t go out for any entertainment reasons, I don’t watch the negative news on t.v., I drink “Sleepy Time Tea” at night so I can sleep good.

When I used to work I used to stay out of other peoples’ work problems and stay out of the drama storms. I would go under the radar until the drama was over.
Whenever I had a problem at work I would give myself two weeks and know that the work problems would be over and forgotten.

I used to think that not having money was the cause of all my problems. But then when I got financially comfortable I realized that I was still having the same problems and it was not due to lack of money.

Sometimes I see things in a distorted manner and I get upset and depressed. I sometimes ask a close friend if I am seeing things in a distorted manner. I call it checking up on the way I think.

I am using myself as an example of how I have handled my stress. I really don’t know your whole story so this is the only advise I have for you.

I remember a long time ago when I was 35yrs.old and I was in Church. I was thinking how nice it would be to be a child again and be taken care of… and just go to bed and sleep. But God gave me the message that I couldn’t be a child again and to be strong and move on in my life. After I heard those words I knew I had to be stronger and keep on handling the problems in my life.
I also have learned that I need to do fun things in my life and not take life so seriously. I have developed a sense of humor and I like to joke around with friends.

There are still some days when I feel like just staying in bed and I do that to feel better. There are times when our body and mind just needs to rest.

No, it is not silly to ask for help. We all need advise at times and also need people to pray for us when we are feeling down.

+JMJTJ+

May I suggest regular time spent before the Blessed Sacrament?
In His Presence, He calms, enlightens, and strengthens the soul.

Your intentions will be in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

God bless you +

LORD Jesus
Comfort and Heal Ur Son .

I find it very relieving to pray or just sit with Jesus by the tabernacle or the exposed Blessed Sacrament. Try it. It works.
Trust Him and let go by letting Him.

Paul

hey man i know just how you feel

lord jesus, help your sons and daughters with thier burdens. that we might we serve you better

Praying very hard for you!

Dear Jesus please help Sam to find healthy release for his stress in his many responsibilities that are tiring him. Please help him to nourish himself kindly and wisely.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.