Feeling an odd pull towards the rosary, not sure what to make of it

As per my title I’m not really sure what to make of this, especially as I’m not Catholic.

Over the last 3(ish) days I’ve suddenly, completely out of the blue, developed something of an obsession with the Rosary. I’d learnt to pray it before, in Croatian, English and Latin, but certainly at that time I felt it was a bit of a chore. This time however, I found myself yesterday saying the words of the Hail Mary completely out of the blue, for no reason. Then yesterday and this morning I actually made a point to try and learn the individual prayers of the Rosary again.

Am I being given a sign?

Edit: thank you everyone, I’m off to pray a rosary or 6…

Could be God pulling you. Give thanks and run with it! Do you have a rosary to pray with?

Don’t need to be Catholic to pray it.
Remember, it’s not just the set prayers that are said, though. The point is to meditate on the Mysteries. Joyful, Sorrowful, Luminous and Glorious.

Blessings

Possibly. Try praying the rosary every day for a few weeks and see what comes of it.

That’s interesting :slight_smile:
I’ve prayed the rosary all my life ,it’s just beautiful.To Jesus through Mary.
God bless.

Congratulations. It sounds like it’s a nice soul-present for you. :slight_smile:

Cooperate with it for a few weeks, and see where your path takes you.

Definitely don’t have to be Catholic to pray the Rosary! You will get closer to Jesus, Mary, and have a deeper appreciation for the Gospels after each Rosary!

It sounds like it could be a sign to pray the Rosary!

Nope, I don’t own a rosary at the moment. I did have one, but I had it fall from my pocket one day :frowning:

It might be hard to find a rosary here though, there’s no Catholic shops selling religious items in my town.

Ask at the local Catholic church. They might give you one, if they have any on hand.

Where did you get the rosary you used to have? :slightly_smiling_face:

This may be the start of your journey to become Catholic! Go with it!

@IdiNaPut

https://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/prayers/rosary/scripture.htm

So what exactly is this Rosary thing that Catholics do? Isn’t it just repetitious prayer babbling the Hail Mary? Isn’t vain repetition banned by the Bible?

The Truth is that if you say your Rosary daily, and meditate on its mysteries, it will bring down many graces from heaven to you. It will strengthen you to overcome temptation, and to grow holy. It will lead you straight to heaven, and away from the devil. Saying the rosary is pondering the life of Christ with Mary, as she did in Luke 2:19. Is 15 or 20 minutes a day worth that to you? How many people do you know that say the rosary daily are lustful, angry, slothful, etc.? Habitual sin will no longer be a part of your life.

Ebay has tons of rosaries.

Just do it.

I started doing it when going through RCIA, & I feel like I can’t go a day without it anymore. That was over 4 years ago.

Sounds like a sign to me. Prayer is always a good thing and Catholics are not the only ones who pray, or even the only ones who pray the Rosary. I know a Catholic Chaplin who gives Rosaries to Marines and many he passes out are not Catholic. The Rosary is just a prayer, a beautiful prayer and prayer is always good.

The one thing you can be sure of is that it is not a temptation from Satan, he hates the Rosary.

Patrick
AMDG

I’ve now bought a rosary! :slight_smile:

Time to learn to pray it properly.

Someone you do not even realize may be praying for you and your faith, which is why you feel a calling to pray. Also usually when I feel the urge to pray the rosary or see many of them at abnormal rate in a short period of time… if I do not obey and pray the rosary something bad usually happens. So I would listen to that urge and pray it! It is protection.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.