Feeling down? Here's some hope

I’ve had lots of health problems lately and was feeling quite discouraged. (Prayers appreciated, by the way!) I decided to say a decade of the Rosary and picked up my Rosary prayer book by Father Peyton. I love the meditation I selected at random: "And in the last days of the world, when “charity will grow cold” under the persecutions of Anti-Christ, Jesus "will slay him with the breath of His mouth and the brightness of His coming, and restore all things to God. “When it was dark, Jesus came unto them.” When my soul is in darkness, God is at hand."
Yes, this bad stuff will all pass! Things may look bad now, but God has not forgotten us! Hope this helps others as much as it has helped me. God bless you all.

The time will come when, Michael, the archangel who is guardian over the people of God: “will stand up. There is going to be a time of great distress.” When that time comes, the people of faith “will be spared, all those whose names are written in the Book.” [Daniel 12:1-2] “War broke out in heaven, when Michael with his angels attacked the dragon. The dragon fought back with his angels, but they were defeated and driven out of heaven.” [Revelation 12:7-8]

“The great dragon, the primeval serpent, known as the devil or Satan, who deceived the entire world, was hurled down to the earth and his angels were hurled down with him. Then I heard a voice shout from heaven, ‘Victory and power and empire for ever have been won by our God and all authority for His Christ, now that the persecutor…has been brought down.”
“Let the heavens rejoice and all who live there; but for you, earth and sea, trouble is coming—because the devil has gone down to you in a rage, knowing that his days are numbered.” [Revelation 12:9-12]

AMEN! So true! Yes, satan knows his days are numbered, which is why he is confusing and ‘working on’ so many people today. May we carry our crosses with this in mind.

Hi minimom,

Thank you for this inspirational thread. :slight_smile: Praying for you …

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Thanks so much for your prayers. Will pray for you and all on this forum, also. God bless!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.