Feeling Down

Recently I’ve been going through some difficult memories from the past. I met another seminarian online and he’s been emailing me stories about the same people we have in common at the same seminary. It triggered my anxieties. My wife has been sick as well, closed her home business and took a special course to become a teacher. Now she has a stressful teaching job and drive an hour one way in the morning to get to it. This at least only needs to be for a year until she gets the final Teacher Certificate.

Top that off with our oldest having a broken arm and hitting rock bottom this summer because he got shut in at home with the kids to babysit. Then we’re waking up at 5 instead of 6:30 now and we’re all exhausted. There’s lots of homework. Things are pretty stressful. And our youngest just started pre-school for the first time. Finances are tight until the first paycheck starts rolling in. And I also learned about changes that look like the rules for getting an engineering license have changed so drastically that I may not be able to get licensed now, meaning if I still want it I’d have to go back for more schooling…a masters. I’m experiencing some tremors related to anxieties. I feel overwelmed about so many things at once. I can hardly function so I stayed home to try to catch up on some needed sleep. I’ve set up a medical appointment too but know there’s not much he can do. Prayers…I feel like I’m in the garden of gethsemane.

Praying…

***+JMJTJ+

***Wow; you sure have a full plate! :eek: ***

This too shall pass; try to let go and let God carry you.
Wherever you can scale back on the schedule…go for it.***

You will be in my prayers for the Lord to bless you with His guidance and peace.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Praying for you…

Well. I check my mailbox just an hour ago and found a check for my godmother’s house that was given to a cousin. The cousin distributed among her cousins, my dad. That in turn was divided up among the living children…I’m one of them. It’s not much but it’s a lot more than I anticipated when I heard. That’s one prayer answered. Now the schedule. My wife has to work every weekend this month. this will almost be the norm until maybe next year…don’t know. At least she gets paid extra for it. But missing her really brings me down. She’s here right now. But normally I’d be at work. Thanks for the prayers…

+JMJTJ+

Praise God for that blessing!
Everything else will fall into place as well.
Remain steadfast in prayer, and we will keep you in prayer as well.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Please be comforted by so many people now praying for you and your family. Will keep you in my prayers.

I will remember your family in my night prayers.
Kathy

You and your family have my prayers

you and your family are in my prayer

Praying For You And Your Family
Grandma Glor

It sounds like you are going through so much, but remember that the Lord never gives you more than you can take. The time away from your wife is hard, but the time you do have together, make it special. I know that is what my MIL has expressed to me. She never sees her husband anymore and only when they exchange places at home for one has to be home taking care of their daughter while the other goes to work. It is difficult, but she has told me that even that hour they have before he goes off to work, if it was quality time, she would be happier.

I will keep you and your family in our prayers. I go to Holy Hour tomorrow for two hours and will lift your family and your situaiton up to the Lord.

I see in your profile that you are a 3rd degree Knight. I will have my husband who is a 4th degree Knight pray for you too as a brother Knight.

Be sure to pray to St. Joseph!!! He and Our Lady were not wealthy people and yet God entrusted them with the raising of Our Lord. I am sure that St. Joseph had times when he worried about how to put food on the table, pay the taxes, working so much he could not spend time with his wife and foster Son, wishing he were more successful so they could have more and have things easier, etc.

That’s one reason why St. Joseph is the patron of all working people. Pray to him for his example and guidance, as a fellow family man. You could not hope to have a greater intercessor on your side. We will be praying for you and your family!

This is a family management nightmare. 2 cats a dog that I don’t want and no one takes care of properly. If I get rid of them they shut down to me. The house is a wreck and I can only do so much to help. The account had up to $500 of NSF charges just this past month. I’m afraid to see what it looks like previously. She’s just not thinking clearly and any attempt to get hold of it is lethal in that she just throws a fit…she can’t handle the stress. I can’t get a hold of this money waste because of not having absolute control. That’s not going to happen so what to do. When I try to discuss it she blows… I know its associated with feeling worthless. But that’s not what it’s about. We need that money. She just blew about 10 minutes ago. I typically bottle it up for months at a time and then I have a mini breakdown despirate to fix it.

Also the kids just seems to never need sleep and won’t sleep leaving us no time. I’d paddle their butts if mom would let me because nothing else works. The irony is that she’s really good with kids. But if your own kids are little energizer bunnies…then what do you do? My oldest is in honors Jr. High Honor Societ, band and football. He’s also a emotional wreck. It’s just become too much all the way around. We’re not the types to do all we can do. But I’m having to make him quit football now. All his friends are doing the same. Except we have 3 kids compared to their 1 or 2. It makes a big differenc. I can’t stand that these animals poop all over our house either. But I can’t be the one to get rid of them. I said no to the puppy several times but they, along with mom kept insisting on it and now they won’t take care of her properly so she ends up pooping everywhere. I thought cats were supposed to be clean, but they poop and pee everywhere they can get. I’m ready to pull my hair out. Life’s not supposed to be like this. Or is it?

I don’t want to hurt her feelings or the kids but no matter how I try to discuss it she blows and leaves the room. I pray for her all the time. She has a lot on her plate without all of this. I’m at my whits end. I tried to set up a meeting with Father but he had to cancel and hasn’t responded to an attempt to reschedule today. Maybe his plate is too full. There’s ton’s more but not appropriate to discuss here. Both of us entered this marriage with lots of baggage. We get along fine usually. But anytime I get to the end of my rope she’s already broke down, so I try not to burden her. Trying to fix anything seems lethal. So I have no idea what to do except pray. It seems that the evil one is really trying to make chaos out of the good that has transpired in our lives. Conversion, vocations, etc.

Praying to St. Joseph is a good idea. I don’t know why I don’t remember that. I guess I just have to get used to it. I pray the rosary daily as does my wife. We have a good relationship. But we just have a lot on our plate at one time and no options at this point for relief.

Okay… Alls quiet on the western front again. Made up, laughing again. Agreed to let son play football. Whew. This is some roller coaster ride.
I’m lighting a candle for all of you and all of my DW students. They are poor Hispanics that barely speak English if any. One was sexually abused and shows all the signs of it. He’s attached himself to her. She was asked to “coteach” a class because the regular teacher just doesn’t know what to do. 20 our of 24 are ESL. All of them are Hispanic. She speaks Spanish too and cares about the kids. So her responsibilities are increasing constantly. That’s unusual for a first year teacher to take over a vetern teachers class I think. I think the principal likes her. She’s trying to do a good job, but mainly help the children.

Do not wait for your priest to get back to you. If he does not do so today, chase him down and let him know that the situation is very serious. You are the sheep he is to take care of, he has to give you a definite time when you are to meet. If he is unresponsive, find another priest who WILL respond. Praying for you!!!

Dret, I appreciate you determination to set things straight. But, Father is a very busy man and a visit to the hospital is more important than my issue. He knows no one’s dying in my family because he’s communicating with my wife and me via email throughout the day nearly every day. The man works constantly.

Yes I am a dumb sheep, but I’m smart enough to discern priorities. I’m a former seminarian and bacame quite familiar with our pastor’s life. There is a specific reason I go to him on this one issue. I’m on the man’s buddy list [seems like I should add “for Pete’s sake” here]. I can’t complain about that. Besides I have more priest friends and my issue is related directly to something he possesses near perfect clairvoyance…if that makes sense. I’m okay right now. I saw a doctor and have received a prescription that should help. I’ve also contacted some other folks that I need to work through on what’s bothering me. Sure, I’m still a bit shaky, but I’m functioning today at least. That’s more than I could say about yesterday. I’m hoping tomorrow will be even better. I’m planning on trying to set up a meeting with him as soon as I can.

Thanks for all the prayers guys. I feel them. something’s making me feel better and just knowing someone’s prayed for me really gives me comfort.

closed #19

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.