Feeling Down

Hi everyone, im only 19 so im pretty sure what im feeling is normal, but its been eating away at me.

Im trying to find a job so i can help my family out with bills and such, but no where is hiring me.

Im currently pursuing a career in acting and have such a great love for it, i will never stop pursuing it, but lately it seems that nothing is going right. Everyone in my family is struggling to get by and it kills me inside to know i cant help out. I just feel depressed a lot lately and dont know what to do, I feel empty…i would greatly appreciate your prayers for myself and my family, I know that with God’s help everything will turn out just fine.

I will keep you and your family in prayer.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Prayer, prayer, prayer… :signofcross:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

You, and family are in my deep prayers.
God bless you

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord God, please bless this young person in their time of trial and worry. Help them to understand that You are in charge, and console them and their family. Provide employment for them, Lord God, if You so will it. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

O Lady of Mental Peace, Mother of Tranquility and Mother of Hope, look upon me in this my time of weakness and unrest. Teach my searching heart to know that God’s love for me is unchanging and unchangeable; and, that true human love can only begin and grow by touching His love. Let your gentle peace, which this world cannot give, be always with me, and help me to bring this same peace into the lives of others. Our Lady of Mental Peace, pray for me!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Never stop to pray foryour intentions

**Praying for you, John. Don’t give up hope, for when you hope in the Lord, you never hope in vain (Fr Corapi quote)

Set aside maybe if it’s just 30 minutes each day, to pray, talk to God, and surrender your emotions about your family’s and your job situation. You will come away with a sense of confidence and peace, that God is shouldering your troubles, and your worry will dissipate. Prayer is powerful, so don’t stop doing it. :slight_smile: Praying that something positive happens on the job front for you very soon!**

Praying for you and your family.
Praying you find a job soon.

Take a step back and take a deep breath. Ask Our Lord for guidance and he will help you. I will hold you in my prayers and if you want to talk then please pm me, I may not get back to you right away but I WILL get back to you.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Look kindly on John and his family, Jesus, and please help them through.
Jesus, please help John to find healing from the depression that makes one feel empty and joyless. I ask You to please encourage John so that he feels happier and more hopeful.

Please help him, also, to find work that he enjoys, so that he can help his family with their financial difficulties. I ask that You will lead him to someone who will help him with his career and future. May Your will be fulfilled in his life, and his talents be used to best advantaged and fulfilment.

Lord let this man find employment in his efforts to help his family, himself, and others who may need his help. Let the light of Your Sacred Heart fill this man with life and exuberance to go on. May he also be lifted from his depression and feel better soon. We ask this in Your name Lord, Amen

Mary1173

praying hard

Look kindly on John and his family, Jesus, and please help them through.
Jesus, please help John to find healing from the depression that makes one feel empty and joyless. I ask You to please encourage John so that he feels happier and more hopeful.

Please help him, also, to find work that he enjoys, so that he can help his family with their financial difficulties. I ask that You will lead him to someone who will help him with his career and future. May Your will be fulfilled in his life, and his talents be used to best advantaged and fulfilment.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent,
but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is love and mercy itself.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray.
And do you, O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God,
cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.