Feeling Guilty....Need Prayers

I ended a relationship in bad way (I said things that weren’t nice), I’ve been feeling guilty ever since. I see this person face every where and have dreams about this person (usually the person is hurt physically). I have been praying for forgiveness for the way I handled this and what I said. The guilt is not subsiding.

I did the best I could in the handling of this situation, it was my last alternative, it was a very unhealthy relationship and now I am feeling guilty.

Please pray for my forgiveness & guilt. I ask this in your name Lord.

How long ago?

[quote=Eccleastics]I ended a relationship in bad way (I said things that weren’t nice), I’ve been feeling guilty ever since. I see this person face every where and have dreams about this person (usually the person is hurt physically). I have been praying for forgiveness for the way I handled this and what I said. The guilt is not subsiding.

I did the best I could in the handling of this situation, it was my last alternative, it was a very unhealthy relationship and now I am feeling guilty.

Please pray for my forgiveness & guilt. I ask this in your name Lord.

[/quote]

I think the guilt is still there because you haven’t rectified the problem.

You should send a very short, polite note apologizing for your behavior. You could include a line emphasizing that you are not interested in rekindling the relationship, but just wanted to leave no bad feelings behind.

Then you can really let it go. Trust me, it will work

God bless you,
Paul

True forgiveness and freedom from guilt requires the offending party to be willing to make reparations for any harm done. This is one of the conditions of the sacrament. As recommended above, a letter apologizing for whatever you feel badly about, with an explanation that you aren’t interested in reestablishing the relationship, but that you are open to friendship will go a long way to abating any guilt you may be experiencing. Letters work well because they get your message across without interuption or arguement. What the other person does with the letter is irrelevant. Their acceptance of your apology is not contingent on the adjudication of your guilt. You have don’t your part.

I ended the relationship 1 month 2 weeks ago. I prayed and prayed for guidance but after so much [font=Arial]Malicious Manipulation I just couldn’t take it any more. I ended the relationship over the phone politely I asked him not to call or write or email as usual he thought I was kidding. It was 24 hours later he sent me an email after I asked him not explaining to me he just wants to be friends and he is sorry for the not loving me. [/font]
[font=Arial][/font]
[font=Arial]This is when I became upset and wrote him back expressing to him that I was tired of his Malicious Manipulation, I also said he had to stay out of my life and not contact me. [/font]
[font=Arial][/font]
[font=Arial]Now, I feel guilty for having set b[font=Arial][size=2]oundaries. I usually don’t set boundaries in this matter but felt I had no choice. [/size][/font][/font]

Please Lord Deliver me from this guilt !!! I ask this in your name…Amen…

[font=Arial][font=Arial][size=2][/size][/font][/font]
[font=Arial][font=Arial][size=2]
[/size][/font][/font]

[quote=mercygate]How long ago?
[/quote]

2 months 1week…

Praying!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.