Feeling like the life is just being sucked out of me

Ok yes I do suffer from a mild form of clinical depression as well as ADHD and have been diagnosed with both but meds don’t work for me…been there done that. Anyway some goals that I’ve been working on and felt that I might actually be within some sort of hope of achieving tanked today so everytime I get close to staying on the plan something beyond my control takes place and I’m set further behined on that plan. I’m willing to do whatever God wants me to but he’s not telling me anything. :shrug: I guess I just feel left in the dust.

I battle with depression too, love. It is a long, hard road. I will be praying for you.

The best thing I could suggest is you do some charity work, any charity work you like. Go to your parish and ask as to what sort of ministries they offer. Nothing helped me more through my depression than knowing I was making a positive difference in someone’s life.

Padre Pio, please pray that the Lord Jesus Christ helps the OP carry her cross through this difficult time. Amen.

Stay STRONG in life. Pray the rosary every day and you will find god within you. read the bible if you are feeling some day better than other. thinking of you in my rosary

O most beautiful flower of Mount Carmel, fruitful vine, slendour of Heaven. Blessed Mother of The Son of God. Immaculate Virgin, assist me in this, my necessity. There are none who can withstand your power.

O star of the sea, help me and show me herein you are my Mother (make request).

O Mary conceived without sin pray for us who have recourse to thee (three times). Holy Mary I place this cause in your hands (three times). Thank you for your mercy towards me and mine.

This prayer must be said for three days and after that the request will be granted (will never fail).

This prayer must be published immediately.

I went through depression myself and prayers were the best medicine. Pray every time you feel down. I’ll pray for you too :slight_smile:

Praying very hard to St. Dymphna for you!

Hey I pray to her regularly too. :wink:

praying also for you
grandma glor

Lord, please shine your mercy and light on Sierrah. May Sierrah find peace and comfort. Amen

Sierrah:

Holy God,
Holy and Mighty One,
Holy Immortal One,
Have mercy on us… .:bowdown:

My Lord Jesus, Have mercy on your child, Sierah, who has mild clinical depression and ADHD, and please heal her of these illnesses as you have healed so many before.

Sierrah, stick in there and don’t give up and don’t listen to people who just don’t understand, esp. about ADHD. Part of this is a vicious cycle - You think you’re OK, and then you “get distracted” and can’t get done what needs to get done, and you get depressed. then, The depression becomes a distraction which keeps you from being able to concentrate, which causes you to be more depressed… I know a few people who have to deal with what you have to deal with, and it’s a pain in the rear - esp. thanks to those people who say, “If only you CONCENTRATED :tsktsk: or TRIED HARDER :tsktsk:!” :banghead::mad::frowning:

So, I think I know how you must feel about that…

A proper medical and counseling regime (which means different meds would need to be tried) can be beneficial in situations such as yours. I know you said that you “tried Meds” - I go to “Pain Management” because of the pain I’m in from my lower spine - Because of one thing or the other, I either try a different Medication or change the dosage on one of my “Meds” each month. I’m sure you’re doctor didn’t do that, and doubt that any doctor has really tried to work out a full treatment regimen with you so you could at least manage your condition if you couldn’t get better. :cool:

Please, see your doctor, and get a referral to a psychiatrist, and let me know how that works out if you want - You can PM me here.

Your Brother in Christ, Michael

Holy Angels, please pray for OP

J+M+J
Lord Jesus, tonight we lift up Sierrah in our prayers. We ask for Your healing touch to come upon her and release her from the bonds of ADHD and clinical depression. Guide any doctors helping to treat her to do Your will alone. May Your Holy Spirit strengthen Sierrah as she carries this heavy cross in her life.
St. Michael the Archangel, be her defense from any demons that may try to harass her in her weakness. May the heavenly armies surround her always and battle against Satan’s minions when she cannot do it alone.
St. Francis, who played the tambourine and danced with joy before the Blessed Sacrament, pray for her. Amen.

Still praying very hard for you!

Dear Lord, mental illness leaves us feeling so alone. It seems we can’t get back to the community you have given us. Have mercy on us and comfort us in our affliction. We thank you in advance for your generosity. Amen

Still praying to St. Dymphna.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.