Feeling lonely and need some prayers

Today…like many days…I’m feeling especially lonely. I have no friends and my family have all passed away. I force myself out each day to be in the living world but it serves to remind me how lonely I am. Tonight I am taking myself out to see “Julie & Julia” and though I should feel happy about seeing a movie…it just serves to make me feel lonely and realize I have to do it all alone.

Please say some prayers for me today…I’m trying so hard to get through each day with courage and strength…and it doesn’t always feel like my prayers are working.

Thank you

My brother in Christ,
One of the best pieces of advice I ever heard was given to a widow:
"Find others who are lonely and be a friend to them."
It changed her life.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be
World without end

Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

:tiphat:HI! John remember the lord is always with you. You are never alone spiritualty! May the lord jesus christ be your companion to share his love and peace with you always and take away the loneliness felt when alone. For he is truely a great freind to all. lord jesus bless you!:signofcross::newidea::juggle::cool::extrahappy::wave:

JohnD212, please know that I am praying for you.

Hi JohnD212:

Being an imaginative sort who everybody else apparently can sense is somehow “different” … kinda like Forrest Gump … I know what you mean about going it alone. Donut Sundays didn’t work for me. So I took my camera out in search of scenery instead of hanging around to socialize, and somehow I’ve ended up an artist specializing in fine art nature and landscape photography! Never would have imagined this when I was a kid.

You may be thinking, okay, but I still want a friend. Or many friends. And I can relate … friends are one of the richest blessings God can grant us in this life. So I will pray for you to have friends. I hope you’ll also pray for me, too. And if you want, you’re welcome to send me a Private Message if you feel like talking.

Prayer to St. Raphael, Angel of Happy Meetings

O Raphael, lead us towards those we are waiting for, those who are
waiting for us! Raphael, Angel of Happy Meetings, lead us by the hand
towards those we are looking for! May all our movements, all their
movements, be guided by your Light and transfigured by your joy.

Angel guide of Tobias, lay the request we now address to you at the feet
of Him on whose unveiled Face you are privileged to gaze. Lonely and
tired, crushed by the separations and sorrows of earth, we feel the need
of calling to you and of pleading for the protection of your wings, so
that we may not be as strangers in the Province of Joy, all ignorant of
the concerns of our country.

Remember the weak, you who are strong–you whose home lies beyond the
region of thunder, in a land that is always peaceful, always serene, and
bright with the resplendent glory of God.
Amen.

Hi John,
I understand your lonely feelings. I’ve been there and was stuck there for so long that I was sure I would never have a true friend. Then I found the Catholic Faith! Now I have friends here on this site and I have be-friended many other people at church. We are only lonely when we choose to be. Reach out to others at church, visit your local Senior Citizens Center because most of them are lonely and really enjoy having company at the center. Remember that the Holy Spirit is with you every minute. Speak to the spirit! I’m praying for you right now.
God Bless,
Pam

John, I know the feeling very well I’m feeling that way myself right now,but I know my GOD is with me,when I am feeling this way I pick up my crucifix and just hold on to it,it does comfort me. GOD love and bless you Dianne

Praying for you John

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

It’s hard when one feels lonely. I hope things will change for you and for Bubbie. I used to be lonely when I was younger, but too many people have needs for me to be lonely now. My Dad was so lonely after my stepmother’s death. My mother had died years before. Of nature he’s an introvert, but reaches beyond that. He’s 88 next week, but he goes to theological book-study with a group and his parish priest, another night he goes to bible study in the parish, two days of the week he visits our step-mother’s sister who has Alzheimer’s in a nursing home. One day a month he goes to the local court to be there for defendents who have no one. He goes for a walk most days. My siblings and I can’t help feeling he’s the most amazing person…but at heart he’s a quiet man who likes to read and listen to classical music, so there’s hope for any of us…I hope

Loneliness and relationship
Jesus, Scripture tells us, “It is not good that man should be alone.” [Genesis 2:8] Yet loneliness affects many people even in company because they feel unable to trust in their value to others. They often feel rejected and unloved, and have little self-esteem.

Jesus, we humans hope for companionship that is reciprocal and happy, with love that affirms our individuality and value. We seek in others the gift of ourselves forgiven and accepted in all our faults. We cannot receive such a gift unless we can also give to others the gift of themselves accepted by love that is aware, not blind.

Express Your love in our relationships as we seek to live in gospel community, not as isolated individuals. For only where individuals and communities are willing to love and to minister to others, do we find in each other the nourishing power of Christ’s presence.

Therefore, let the lonely and hurt understand their need to welcome others in charity in however small or great means open to them, rather than to remain trapped in isolation or self-pity. However if they remain isolated, we offer You their pain, united with the atoning loneliness of Your own earthly exile in reparation for all sins against compassion, against friendship, justice and unity.

Jesus let us gently bring Your love to the lonely, to all persons who hunger for love and companionship. “God gives the lonely a permanent home.” [Psalm 68:6] 1983

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.