Feeling rather guilty

I did not make it to Mass this Christmas. I have never intentionally missed a Mass obligation, let alone on Christmas day!! I was home with two sick little girls. I know that I am excused. I know that I did nothing wrong. I know that I did the right thing keeping my poor feverish, coughing and pukey little girls home. But, I missed it. I love Christmas Mass. I feel like I could have done more--maybe gone to midnight Mass on Christmas Eve while my family slept, but I was concerned the baby would wake and want to nurse. She isn't feeling well either, and I was in high demand. And in that I was right--we were up several times throughout the night where I was comforting her in a way papa can't. But couldn't I have spared an hour after everyone was asleep? I feel like I didn't try hard enough to attend the Mass, and for that I feel very guilty.

it's tough when you have little ones..... you did the right thing... be the best mom in the whole world to them..... my wife Helen is a Midwife..... I have suggested she sneak one or two home..... but no....bit passed that stage now....lol...... Enjoy what you have.......
because one day they will be teenagers and you will look back on these days with great Fondness......

God bless you for taking care of your two sick little girls. That was certainly no picnic, but instead a loving sacrifice for those who needed you.

DGB

:console:

You know, Christmas is not over. today is the 2nd day of Christmas. Sunday is the Feast of the Holy Family. the crèche will still be there, carols will still be sung, the readings will be glorious. Epiphany is not far behind.......do not despair! You did what God would have you do. He came as a child......you were tending children. What a lovely gift to Him who came tiny and helpless.
God bless you and your dear children. See in their eyes the love of the Child Jesus.
:angel1:

Yeah, you were with babies that needed you on Christmas! If you're going to miss mass, especially on Christmas, I can't think of a better reason! In a way, it's sort of appropriate...I mean...the babies, to remind you of Christ!

God knows your heart and your intentions.

[quote="Ophelia23, post:1, topic:349386"]
I did not make it to Mass this Christmas. I have never intentionally missed a Mass obligation, let alone on Christmas day!! I was home with two sick little girls. I know that I am excused. I know that I did nothing wrong. I know that I did the right thing keeping my poor feverish, coughing and pukey little girls home. But, I missed it. I love Christmas Mass. I feel like I could have done more--maybe gone to midnight Mass on Christmas Eve while my family slept, but I was concerned the baby would wake and want to nurse. She isn't feeling well either, and I was in high demand. And in that I was right--we were up several times throughout the night where I was comforting her in a way papa can't. But couldn't I have spared an hour after everyone was asleep? I feel like I didn't try hard enough to attend the Mass, and for that I feel very guilty.

[/quote]

Heavens! You are too hard on yourself! You were where your Lord expected you to be, worshipping Him in your love for your children. Give yourself a hug for the rest of us.

Hey thanks for picking me up, everyone. I really, really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

I recall the Parable of the Good Samaritan. I think Jesus disapproved of the Priest and Levite who ignored the injured man in order to attend to their Temple duties. .

Ophelia23, your alter, this Christmas, was at the bedside of your sick children. Your sacrifice was giving up the Christmas Mass to stay home and care for them. Knowing nothing else about you I can say with confidence that you are good mother. You did the right thing. There is nothing about this situation for which you should feel the least bit guilty.

P.S. Hope they, you, and your family are well now!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.