Feeling So Lost ( Within )

January 16/2013

I am 65 years old and lately I am having a LOT of trouble accepting this. I DO NOT look my age and Almighty God knows I DO NOT ACT it.:thumbsup: That’s ok. Nothing wrong with that. Unfortunately though I have been soooooo down for a few weeks now and can’t seem to rid myself of STUFF from w/in. Perhaps I might be using my age as an excuse…I don’t know. All I do know is that I find myself so out of sorts and in need of prayer.

Second time posting here.
Thank you in advance
Canada

I’m a little confuse why you are so down. Is it because of your age? Is it because you are focused on looks? I’m not sure. You must look at yourself spiritually and trust in Him with all your heart, soul and mind, sacrificing your body to Him to use as He pleases. In doing so (the will of God) you will be able to find peace.

My love and prayers,
mlz

Lord, please grant many graces to Farawayland that will be cultivated into the virtues of joy, hope, fortitude, and faith. Send comforting angels to minister to Farawayland when these trying feelings weigh down like a burdensome cross. Send Farawayland many “Simons” to help carry crosses, just as you had Simon help you carry your cross to Calvary. Mary, pray with us. Amen.

praying for you

Prayers! :crossrc:

:gopray:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

For Help in Trials

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular (Farawayland), and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you. Amen.

I totally understand. Getting older is not for sissies as the saying goes. :frowning: . I have found that my fear of getting older is, in part, due to some regrets of the past. Well, we can never go back, can we? We have to make the most of the time we have left. You’re 65. If your health is good, you could be around for another 20 - 25 years. That’s a long time to sit around feeling sorry for yourself. I would encourage you to just go out and say heck with everything, I’m gonna have fun. Take some trips, join some clubs. Try Meetup.com and see what’s in your area. You could try mentoring or fostering kids. That might help you to feel useful. I don’t know if you are retired, but retiring can suddenly set a person adrift, and not in a good way. Are you single? Looking? If you’re a man, it is easy to find women. For women, not so much! I’ll pray for you. Pray for yourself too, OK? :slight_smile:

I pray that you will be abandoned to Our Lord’s merciful love full of confidence in His merciful love. I pray that you will be surrendered to His holy and perfect will and will accept your age and all other things as coming from God. May nothing get you down; may you rejoice in the Lord always, praying ceaselessly and giving thanks in all circumstances. I pray that you will pray every day for acceptance/surrender. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.