Feeling so overwhelmed

I have to get up for work in 5hrs and I can’t sleep. Life has gotten a little overhwhelming. While some of it is just from the knocks of life, I’m also fighting a major spiritual battle. My prayers seem to hit the ceiling and stop lately, so I’d really appreciate some intercession from others. Thanks in advance.

Jesus, have mercy on Your poor creature, if it is Your Will. Amen.

I’ll be glad to pray for you, Martha!

St Patrick’s Breastplate :shamrock2:

I bind unto myself today
the power of God to hold and lead,
his eye to watch, his might to stay,
his ear to hearken, to my need;
the wisdom of my God to teach,
his hand to guide, his shield to ward;
the word of God to give me speech,
his heavenly host to be my guard.

Christ be with me,
Christ within me,
Christ behind me,
Christ before me,
Christ beside me,
Christ to win me,
Christ to comfort
and restore me.
Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ in quiet,
Christ in danger,
Christ in hearts of
all that love me,
Christ in mouth of
friend and stranger.

I bind unto myself today
the strong Name of the Trinity,
by invocation of the same,
the Three in One, and One in Three.
Of whom all nature hath creation,
eternal Father, Spirit, Word:
praise to the Lord of my salvation,
salvation is of Christ the Lord.

oremus.org/hymnal/i/i024.html

:signofcross:

I know what you mean. I had a day like that today. :console: :hug3: :hug1:

Saying some prayers for you! :crossrc:

Take a deep breath. Close your eyes. And relax.

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

I think we all have days like that and what I do is just stay in bed and pray. Even if you are lying down, you can pray with your eyes close and if you fall asleep, I think of it as falling asleep in my Lord’s arms. But I will be honest, sometimes, I think the Lord just wants me up all night praying. It is like I am half sleepy and still able to pray, but when I really get tired and need sleep, I just ask him if I can please just rest asleep in His arms close to His heart and it has never failed me yet, I fall asleep fast. That is what has worked for me.

If it is that you have so much on your mind and worries, maybe it is that you have to turn over to the Lord and allow Him to take care of them. I know that is easier said than done. I think we all struggle with that one. Trusting the Lord is not easy for any of us, but with practice it is gets better. I know that when I trust Him, he has never and I mean never failed me even when something seem impossible and everything was against it, it happened. Trust in Him and He will not fail you if and if it is according to His will.

Rest in Him tonight. He loves you and He is there for you. Just rest assure that what you are worried about He will take care of in His timing and you have to be patient. I am unsure of why I wrote that, but maybe it will make sense to you.

You have been through so much in this last year.
Jesus please give healing and peace to Martha. Please surround her and her children with Your light and love.

Please help Martha to relax and sleep well.

O Lady of Mental Peace, Mother of Tranquility and Mother of Hope, look upon Martha in this time of weakness and unrest. Teach her searching heart to know that God’s love is unchanging and unchangeable; and, that true human love can only begin and grow by touching His love. Let your gentle peace, which this world cannot give, be always with Martha, and help her bring this same peace into the lives of others. Our Lady of Mental Peace, pray for us!

Dear Lord, help Martha in this difficult time and ease her burden with your loving care. Help her to persevere no matter how difficult things are and let her know she is not alone through it all, but has her guardian anger, a whole host of angels, the Blessed Mary and saints, and You to call on when things become to much for her to bear. Help this trial bring her closer to knowing how much she needs you and help her to keep trusting in you, no matter how bad things are. Let her know that no one gets to heaven without much suffering. Ease her sufferings, and let her bear the sufferings you allow her like a brave little child fighting the war for her loving King and Father, with the knowledge that she will be rewarded for her perseverence and trust in you with a beautiful crown in heaven with the saints.

Praying the Lord will ease your suffering and bring you His peace.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen

Martha I know you need our continuing prayers.
I ask the Lord to guide you to help for you to overcome the legacy of all that you and your children suffered in the last year particularly.
I ask Him to surround you with His light and love, and give healing to your mind and souls and body, and to your son and daughter after their ordeals.

Martha, I ask your patron, dear friend of Jesus, to pray for you inher strong, practical way.
I ask your angel to intercede powerfully for you and your children.

I ask the Lord to guide you to help for you to overcome the legacy of all that you and your children suffered in the last year particularly.
I ask Him to surround you with His light and love, and give healing to your mind and souls and body, and to your son and daughter after their ordeals.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,

Amen.

Martha, I really do find the memory of all you’ve been through with what happened to your son and daughter quite shocking, so I understand your present depression. Please look after yourself in any little way you can. You will stay in my prayers. And as you see, in others’ also.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
Amen

In Jesus’ name, Father, please have mercy on Martha and her children and restore them to wholeness after their ordeals of last year.

Mother Mary, and their patrons saints and guardian angels, please pray for them.

closed #20

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.