Feeling spiritually oppressed and attacked

I ask for all of your prayers in helping me through a rough time that I am having spiritually. I feel as if I am being spiritually oppressed to the point where I am feeling attacked and out of control. This is not normal for me and I don’t know how to handle it.

I know that God won’t give us more than we can handle and that this may later help me to grow spiritually once this storm is over but right now I feel full of desperation and need all of your prayers.

Thank you all so much for your fellowship and I will keep you all in my prayers as well.

God bless

Heavenly Father, in Jesus’ name, please help this person to use practical judgement and practical means as well as prayer to deal with whatever is causing this distress.
We are physical as well as spiritual being and any aspects of our nature can lead to compromise of our well-being.
Therefore I trust this concerned person to Your wisdom, care, and protection, and to the natural gifts You have given this person whom You love the means to manage needs and difficulties in cooperation with Your grace…
I ask Your spiritual, mental, emotional and physical healing and blessing upon this Your child.
Thank You, Father

Praying to give you a sense of peace …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thank you so much Trishie and **St. Gabriel ** for your prayers. God bless you and your loved ones with all of His peace and love!

I can definitely sympathize with how you feel.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

May God bless you. Get some Epiphany water ( from your parish priest or he will tell you where ) Spray your room before retiring to sleep - spray overhead so some falls upon you. Say the prayer of exorcism to St Michael.
Holy Michael archangel, defend us in the day of battle; be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray, and do thou, prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God thrust down to hell Satan and all wicked spirits, who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.
This will at the very least give you a peaceful night`s sleep.
Love and peace in Christ.:knight2:

Thanks katrntogo for your prayers. God bless.

Southerncross, I had never heard of Epiphany water so I had to look it up. Thanks for the suggestion. I generally always have holy water at home but will ask my priest about this. I will spray the holy water I have as you indicated with the Epiphany water and see what happens. Thanks again and God bless.

Dear TempleofTheSoul,
Epiphany water has the power of exorcism so is more efficacious than Holy water. To attack someone a diabolical spirit has to be in fairly close proximity to them so they cannot stay in the presence of this sacramental. You will soon see this - your problem is more common than is generally recognised.
I am keeping you in my prayers until you post that you no longer need them. I am sure all who have replied to you are doing the same.
Love & peace in Christ. ( Paul ) :knight2:

Lord
please help TempleofThe Soul through this difficult time spiritually.Grant her strength and courage to cope with the temptations and feel more confident in faith.Please may Your Holy Spirit be with TempleofTheSoul to guide protect and strengthen.Bless this person and may this situation become easier.Lord in Your mercy hear our prayers Amen

Thanks Southerncross for giving me more information on the Epiphany water. Unfortunately my situation isn’t improving and I feel like I am being worn down and don’t know what to do. Most of the priests I know wouldn’t even know how to begin to help me.

I thank you for your continued prayers. God bless.

tbcrawford thank you for praying on my behalf. God bless

TempleofTheSoul you are welcome & I will continue to keep you in my prayers until things improve.

Lord
please hear our prayers for TempleofThe Soul and grant strength and courage.Bless our friend and protect her from harm.Please may Your Holy Spirit be with our friend through this time of oppression spiritually to guide and strengthen faith.Lord in your mercy hear our prayers Amen

Always trust in God & invoke your Guardian Angel.
Angel of God my Guardian dear
to whom Gods love commits me here ever this day be at my side to light & guard, to rule & guide from stain of sin - oh keep me free and at my death my helper be. My own Guardian has proven to be of inesteemable help. Use other sacramentals too such as being enrolled in ( & wearing ) the brown Scapular, wearing a blessed Miraculous Medal. A blessed Saint Benedict medal has some power of exorcism too. The Epiphany water will give very prompt results - which you will see when you begin using it. If there is on order of traditional priests anywhere near you Im sure they will treat your problem with the necessary care & concern.
A thought that I find comfort in is in the words of the Holy Father " all this is within the designs of Providence "
You are included in the intentions of my Rosaries.
Love & peace in Christ.:knight2:

Thank you again. Your continued prayers are heartfully appreciated. God bless.

Southerncross, thank you ever so much for your suggestions. I do wear almost daily a huge Miraculous medal and do ask for the intercession of my guardian angel. When I go to church tomorrow I will ask the priest about the Epiphany water and that he come to bless my home. I hope that this along with all of the prayers by you and other forums members will soon help liberate me of the very disturbing spiritual phenomena that I am experiencing.

God bless you.

Our Father who art in heaven hallowed be thy name
thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven
give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us
lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil Amen

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers. Amen

Thank you tbcrawford and Kilo1Mike21 for your prayers. May the Lord bless you every single day of your life with his peace and love.

My situation is still very frightening to me and I had to resort to calling a priest to bless my home and my family. I pray to God that this will end the attacks but if it doesn’t then it’s in God’s hands as to when it will all end.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and I will keep all of you in my prayers as well.

God bless.

Amen

O Blessed Archangel Gabriel,
we beseech thee,
do thou intercede for us
at the throne of Divine Mercy
in our present necessities,
that as thou didst announce to Mary
the mystery of the Incarnation,
so through thy prayers
and patronage in heaven
we may obtain the benefits of the same,
and sing the praise of God forever
in the land of the living.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.