Feeling suicidal

this is my first post here. I feel awful. I don’t see any point or real value to my life. I am very unhappy and im lonely and scared. I’m not happy at my job, but I need it and I’m afraid of losing it. I don’t have any freinds or any girlfriend. I struggle with drug addiction I try to get help, but it doesn’t seem to help. I’m still looking through my medical coverage, but they don’t offer much.
When ever I try to solve my problems or try to make them better I maker them worse. Every decision I make goes wrong.

I need help. I need prayers. please pray for me. {ray that I don’t lose my job an that maybe I’ll
meet someone special. I need a purpose in life and I can’t find one.
please pray.

You remind me of me around the holidays when I was younger with no girlfriend. Don’t give up. God knows what you need. Ask. 25 years later, my wife and I have 4 kids. Prayers are answered. Pray the Memorare. "Remember O most gracious virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee O virgin of virgins my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Hi,

Do not be afraid. There is a purpose for your life. Ask God what he wants from you and then greet each day knowing that providence will bring the situations that you are meant to encounter in your path. Patience and joy, my friend. Don’t feel bad about being anxious…the devil wants you out of the way because he knows how valuable you are and how loved you are and wants your life to end so that you can not serve God. Try to slowly build up muscle against temptation to despair by deciding to hope each time you are tempted. Do not worry about not knowing what to do about the job and girlfriend, etc…just know that God is in charge. This is reason for joy…He will put the situations in your life that you are meant to encounter…big ones or small ones, all are important. Serve him, Love Him, Suffer with him, Get to know Him, and then be happy with Him forever.

p.s…get yourself to an adoration chapel ASAP and prostrate yourself before Him and be in His Presence

Myself I have felt this kind of emptiness inside...I admire you though for having the courage to look at yourself and your addictions and you were not meant to handle this alone....
no one is...
I will pray for you and I will ask that you open your heart to Jesus love and forgiveness, to accept the healing that only He can offer

I am so sorry that you are feeling overwhelmed; by drugs, depression etc. As I do not know where you live and what help is available ,I suggest that you go to your nearest Hospital and see the Social Worker/Almoner, who will start you on the right track to medical/emotional health.
Then, a second thought, go to your nearest Church; the person in charge will set you on the path to spiritual health.
I understand that the above suggestions are probably not what you wish to hear, but, if you do not get the ‘ball-rolling’, you will remain in this rut of despair.
You do need to put in some hard work with these people. I DO understand.
Keep in touch with us, and, I will pray for you, as you have asked.
God bless you
Annie

If you can, go and talk to your priest/minister/pastor, or someone who you think you can look up to who would be willing to walk with you through the tough time you're in right now.

Don't isolate yourself and go through it alone.

You're in my prayers. :gopray:

[quote="Lost40, post:1, topic:178989"]
I'm still looking through my medical coverage, but they don't offer much.

When ever I try to solve my problems or try to make them better I maker them worse. Every decision I make goes wrong.

I need help. ...... I need a purpose in life and I can't find one.
please pray.

[/quote]

All medical coverage covers a visit to your family physician or primary care clinic..... that's one place to start. Most medical coverage has addiction coverage. Take a close look. If your place of work has an Employee Assistance Program, that is a very good resource.

You say, "every decision I make goes wrong." Perhaps some or many, but not all. You posted here, didn't you? :thumbsup:

Purpose in life is definitely necessary to feel whole. God is within, among, and with you now, as you are. He created you and all He creates is good; so perhaps your purpose right now is to take steps to feel better. That is taking care of God's creation, you. An appt with a priest can help with the purpose and meaning in life aspect of this suffering you are experiencing.

Everyone here is praying for you and some of us have suffered this and gotten through it. As said already, DO NOT do this alone.

Welcome! I ask God to hear and grant your prayers.

And…

Dear God, I have many fears, and flaws and I often make mistakes. I am inconsistent in charity, faith, wisdom and commitment. Forgive me, God.
Yet even if I am less wise and less good than I think many others are, I have merely this consciousness, this body, this life that I can give You. There is no other self over whom I have right of decision and offering.

Only by Your miracles of grace can I give this ‘me’ totally, and in the way that You wish for Your delight and for others’ benefit. Please make it so, according to Your hope.

I consecrate my entire life to You. I cannot change others’ paths, but with Your Spirit, I can love You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength.
I have only myself to give. Please take all. Never let me go. Make me increasingly Your own. Let me live and accomplish, all that You dreamed of me from loving eternity.

Praying for you to get some help ...

Hail Mary
Full of grace
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Lord, Lost40 needs you now more than ever. Please heal and help him; help him get in touch with his Pastor and an addiction counselor so he can get his life back on track again. Please heal him of any painful memories and help him find in you a Rock and a refuge in whom he may place all his trust. You won’t take away all of his problems, but you will give him deep peace and strength to endure them, if he only keeps himself in a state of grace and bound in faith to you. Help him stop using drugs so he can meet someone nice with whom he can share a blessed life together. Help him get to his doctor so he can be directed to the right addiction counselor or rehab center to help him get off the drugs. He’ll never be happy on drugs. They keep him from union with you and keep him bound in chains. Help him practice his faith again and help him grow in faith, hope and love so he can be blessed and happy again. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

closed #11

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.