Fellow Men, do you like to see girls with make-up on?

I'm just wondering. My preference is that in most cases, I'd rather see a girl without make up on so I can see her naturally. Please vote on the poll.

No makeup is best. A little for special occasions is fine. I think a lot of guys are in for a big shock the first time they see their girlfriend or wife without makeup!

I think it gives a false image to the men, because they kind of get it into their heads that their wives or significant other is always going to look like that. I prefer no make up because it makes the natural beauty that a woman has stand out more. some woman are living dolls already without make up.

I’m lucky because the girl I have a crush on is naturally gorgeous and doesn’t need it.

I think it’s fine for some other women. Whatever works. It’s not immoral or anything.

Just curious but… Why is it that men at work who see me 60% of the time without make up have their eyes pop out of their head when I wear it? I can’t help but think it does make me look better.

[quote="cmscms, post:5, topic:239925"]
Just curious but... Why is it that men at work who see me 60% of the time without make up have their eyes pop out of their head when I wear it? I can't help but think it does make me look better.

[/quote]

Yeah I'm with you there. I think there are a lot of men who say they prefer women with no makeup that have very little experience with what no makeup really looks like. Not that women need it to be beautiful.. not saying that at all! But.... some women look dramatically different when they are made up.

All women look better with some makeup on - even if it's just to even out skin tone or slightly darken the eyelashes. I think what men dislike is a woman who is overly made-up. Very, very few women can get away without at least a tiny bit of cosmetic help. And they are all famous!

Girls? Or women?

girls don't need make up...

I'm ok with a teen wearing it lightly. I find the ones that do, actually LEARN how to wear it. You can usually tell the women who was not allowed, or chose not to wear make up in her teens/20's. Zero skill...

Interestingly enough, I don't wear make up for my husband. I wear it for me.

[quote="CopyKat, post:6, topic:239925"]
Yeah I'm with you there. I think there are a lot of men who say they prefer women with no makeup that have very little experience with what no makeup really looks like. Not that women need it to be beautiful.. not saying that at all! But.... some women look dramatically different when they are made up.

[/quote]

:yup:
I suspect that many of them really mean that they don't like a "made-up" look, which is* entirely* different than no make-up.

Faithfully, I also noticed that the op contrasted the term "men" with "girls". I suggest that most men should stay away from girls. Remember back to my youth, I could transform from looking like a 14 yo to looking like a 19-23 yo, so I guess I can understand why some men would not want to see girls in make-up since it might put them in awkward situations.:p

No preference. I generally don't notice it unless it's obnoxious and that's rare.

I don;t care if they wear makeup, but I hate it when they spend 45 minutes doing their hair and makeup just to go out for a beer or dinner. Put on a ballcap and let's go! Life's to short to spend in front of a mirror!

[quote="SanctaMommy, post:7, topic:239925"]
All women look better with some makeup on - even if it's just to even out skin tone or slightly darken the eyelashes. I think what men dislike is a woman who is overly made-up. Very, very few women can get away without at least a tiny bit of cosmetic help. And they are all famous!

[/quote]

Not even the famous ones can get away with it. I like wearing at least a little makeup, because knowing you look good helps you feel better too.

I think the question should have been more natural verses overly made up.

I don't wear makeup most days, because I don't like the feel of it, and I often (absent mindedly) rub my eyes and smear it everywhere. I do wear it if I'm going to a function, or sometimes just for hubby, and when I am wearing it, I feel better about myself.

What I have noticed is that if a woman who usually doesn't wear makeup puts makeup on, people notice that she looks good. BUT, if a woman who usually wears makeup goes out without it, people notice she doesn't look as good. I have heard comments about women to the effect that they shouldn't go without makeup, and about other women that they can get away with the natural look. I reckon it's because over time people develop an image in their head of what a person looks like, and they are used to seeing them that way.

Personally, I like the idea that I can improve my looks, but I can't turn up looking worse than they usually see me... except maybe after a sleepless night tending a teething baby.:cool:

I believe any makeup a woman wears should only enhance her natural looks,not make her look madeup.I remember a lesson my late mom taught me in my teens.I was really piling on the eye shadow and was beginning to look a bit like a clown,when she pointed out that "shadow"meant exactly that.The barest hint of color.

I prefer no make-up. I believe that in the older days, women that wore make-up were considered satanist. I'm not sure about this, but I do remember reading it someplace.
What I do know is that men look at women from the outside, and women look at men from the inside.

jesus g

Yes, I like to see girls/women with make-up but I also appreciate them without make-up. They are the most beautiful of God's creation. So with/without make-up they are still...

[quote="CopyKat, post:6, topic:239925"]

[/quote]

I didn't vote since the pool is for men, but I think you hit the nail on the head with this one. I wear makeup most of the time. But I sometimes go without it. The funny thing is, people (men and women) tell me, "oh, you don't wear makeup" when I actually do. It's just that I don't look "made up."

I mainly like to wear mascara (since I have blonde eyelashes so it looks like I don't have any eyelashes) and lipstick (since with my blonde hair and blue eyes I am very pale... including my lips. A little pale pink lipstick helps me to not look washed out).

Anyway, I think what men (and personally I) don't care for is when the makeup is so thick you can see it's there (the thick powdery foundations, dark blue "raccoon" eyes, un-natural lipstick colors, etc). Some women look like they are wearing stage makeup! The key is that it should look natural or just bring out your natural features (like brown mascara does for my eyelashes... it just makes what's already there a little darker).

[quote="micahmike, post:10, topic:239925"]
No preference. I generally don't notice it unless it's obnoxious and that's rare.

I don;t care if they wear makeup, but I hate it when they spend 45 minutes doing their hair and makeup just to go out for a beer or dinner. Put on a ballcap and let's go! Life's to short to spend in front of a mirror!

[/quote]

Love this post!!! I'm a woman and I sure wish more men out there had this attitude!! Go, micahmike!

For the record, I rarely wear makeup other than a little blush and lip gloss, but I am a SAHM so it's no big deal. However, when I was in the corporate world, I did wear more because honestly, it seems a little unprofessional to go to work bare-faced. It would be like going in to work with wet hair -- OK for men, but not for women! In order to look polished and professional, most women not blessed with fantastic skin need help.

Incidentally, now that I rarely wear it, people DO really notice when I do put it on for a dress-up occasion. They'll be all "Wow, you look great!" But usually only WOMEN notice that the difference is make-up...men will say "What's different? Did you get a new hairstyle or something?" LOL

Depends. I even like expressive make-up, such as a girl having her whole eyelid painted blue or brown lipstick. In fact, green looks good too. Actually, even floral motifs painted on the cheek look good when done right. What looks bad is tasteless make-up or one that resembles a prostitute's, which happens much of the time.

I voted no. Not because I don't think they should have make up on, but because in my opinion if you can tell they have make up on, then it is not put on correctly. Make-up should be used to enhance not change what a woman looks like. Plus a lot of make-up contains sunscreen so it is actually good and protects them in their day to day activities.

I used to be a no make-up guy, but that was before I knew that a lot of the women that I thought were not wearing make up were actually wearing it and I couldn't tell.

Re: the original question - I don't think I have only one preference. It's nice to see women mix it up. Sometimes wearing no/little makeup is nice, sometimes moderate makeup is nice, and sometimes it's nice to see a woman "glammed-up" for fun (theirs, not mine.)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.