Fellow Men, do you like to see girls with make-up on?

I like women who are beautiful naturally and dont really need make-up, but who put a little on here and there. Sometimes that extra little something takes a really beautiful woman and makes her that much more beautiful.

On a related note, I have a friend who I always swear is wearing make-up but who, surprisingly, uses none. She's that attractive.

I'm in high school so I see everything from no make up to absolutely COVERED in make up. Wide spectrum.

I rarely wear make up to school. I do make sure my face is freshly washed and whatnot though. I wear light make up on special events, but even then most people don't realize that I'm even wearing any. But just like other posters have said, people tend to comment on how nice I look or how bright my eyes look when I am dressed up and have the lightest bit of mascara on, so I guess it does make a difference? I just feel like make up isn't really something I need to be wearing every day?

My friends really don't wear a lot of make up either.

This (male) friend of mine and I were outside in the rain one day and he's like, "Oh! We better get inside! I don't want you to ruin your makeup!" Because I guess his sister freaks out whenever her makeup gets wet? But I proudly told him I wasn't wearing any and he seemed quite surprised.

[quote="LotusCarsLtd, post:21, topic:239925"]
I like women who are beautiful naturally and dont really need make-up, but who put a little on here and there. Sometimes that extra little something takes a really beautiful woman and makes her that much more beautiful.

On a related note, I have a friend who I always swear is wearing make-up but who, surprisingly, uses none. She's that attractive.

[/quote]

Who wouldn't.
A woman who doesn't need make up is a natural beauty. Everyone wants to be a natural beauty.
My last boyfriend always said he liked me just as well without makeup. He also said he liked my curly (messy) hair.
Funny though.. he always complimented me most when I was wearing make up and straightened hair.

Honestly, men have ideas.....
However, I do agrew with the one that make up should look natural most of the time.

I voted yes but only if the make-up is under stated. My wife doesn't use much (nor does she need it) but it is nice when she puts a little on just for me.

I voted no.. I love my girlfriend for who she is as person, not for what she looks like. :)

However, she is very pretty and doesn't need make up anyway.. I'm glad I finally got her to realize that. :heart:

I was told by a college com padre of mine who is a woman, that I couldn't be realistic about girls that are beautiful without makeup. I always had a thing for "Plain Janes". I don't mind if we are going out on the town and she is all dolled up, but when it's normal around the house type of time then I think she should just go natural I know plenty of girls who are absolute beauties when they are not wearing makeup. God made them beautiful without make up. I mean men don't exactly "put on a face", and I mean guys don't loose that much confidence if our faces are not looking our best. I say this with sincerity that I understand the ladies need for makeup. I like the gender dimension it adds,

[quote="chevalier, post:18, topic:239925"]
Depends. I even like expressive make-up, such as a girl having her whole eyelid painted blue or brown lipstick. In fact, green looks good too. Actually, even floral motifs painted on the cheek look good when done right. What looks bad is tasteless make-up or one that resembles a prostitute's, which happens much of the time.

[/quote]

Not a guy, so I can't claim to represent men, but I'd like to pitch in my approval for this.

As a woman, I notice also that men pay me more mind when I'm wearing make-up. I also love make-up as a form of expression and artistry, rather than as a way to attract men, so sometimes (even if I rarely wear more than a foundation) I wear bright or daring make-up to see what I can come up with and to celebrate being a female, and it's never gotten negative comments. My only problem with make-up was when a then-boyfriend asked me why I "always wear that Rocky Horror Picture Show" make-up. The trouble was, on that day I wasn't wearing make-up. I'm just really pale. :blush:

Anyways, I'm always in favor of guys who don't rip on make-up too much. I do it for myself when I do it, not to attract men, so it's not like I'm practicing deception. Also, if I don't wear my foundation I get terrible break-outs. It's counter-intuitive, but I have rather sensitive skin so it needs a little protection. I also use moisturizer and sunscreen.

I didn't wear a lot of make up when I was younger and some days I do go without it. But if I don't wear makeup to work I get comments asking if I lost sleep last night or if I am not feeling well, so I try to wear it to work most of the time.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.