Feminism v Meninism

A discussion about the equality of the sexes has been taking place on Twitter in the US this week. But this time it’s not about women or feminism - but “meninism”.

bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-25462759

Some of the tweets are downright hilarious.

Stop using me for my strength. I have feelings, too. Maybe I don’t want to open that jar.

After reading about six of them, and having absolutely no clue what they meant, I now feel very old. :frowning:

Just more gender silliness.

What’s wrong with being a woman? What’s wrong with being a man? Genders ARE. So get over it, that’s just the way we are!!

I don’t find most of them funny but I get that its a meme of a meme. I occasionally use feminist hash tags but its usually on serious articles but I get where the joke came from; it would be better if it were funny.

An old CAF news hound like Gilliam posting a blog thread, what is the world coming to?

The #MeninistTwitter hashtag was initially started by men sharing jokes - some of which were criticised as offensive by feminists.

Everything offends feminists. :rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.