Feminists try to stop Tebow Anti-Abortion Add

Left wing feminist organizations are now trying to get CBS to cancel its planned showing of an anti-abortion add scheduled for during the SuperBowl

sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4857753

I for one will be writing to demand that CBS continue to offer freedom speech to groups on both sides of the political spectrum. Would they turn down an anti-genocide commercial on Darfur? :mad:

If people wish to contact CBS on either side of this issue, here is some useful contact information.
cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_sports/contacts

Funny how these same women don't protest all the commercials that treat women as objects. They just support usery and murder, talk about "power" :rolleyes:

call the senior vice president. leave a nice message of appreciation for their fairness.:)

Okay, I just saw this other article about it so I’ll post it here:

blogs.abcnews.com/campuschatter/2010/01/univ-of-florida-anticipates-tim-tebow-ad.html

The most amazing part is looking at some of the comments there…

Is this a tasteless commercial done to try and make women feel bad about having abortions - procedures which, in many cases, were needed for medical/extreme circumstances? Yes. Does it have any place on TV? Probably not, but this is just one of those instances of having to deal with disgusting messages, which are protected by the Constitution. It’s like letting the KKK parade down a street, if they get a permit they have to be allowed to do it, it’s Constitutionally protected free speech.

Tebow needs to concentrate on his pro career,and stop trying to spread hate and intolerance further in this country.
There is plenty of hate going around we dont need him to add to the problems in this country.

Ann Coulter hit the nail on the head when she states that the one cause that feminists all unite behind is the right to kill their babies.

defense of such killings is the high morality of Feminism.

Sarah Palin wrote about this on her facebook. I thought it was worth posting here:

Women's Rights Groups: Your Double Standard is Showing
Women’s Rights groups, like NOW, commendably call out advertisers and networks for airing sexist and demeaning portrayals of women that lead to young women’s diminished self-esteem and acceptance of roles as mere sexed-up objects.

What a ridiculous situation they’re getting themselves into now with their protest of CBS airing a pro-life ad during the upcoming Super Bowl game. The ad will feature Heisman trophy winner Tim Tebow and his mom, and they’ll speak to the sanctity of life and the beautiful potential within every innocent child as Mrs. Tebow acknowledges her choice to give Tim life, despite less than ideal circumstances. Messages like this empower women! This speaks to the strength and commitment and nurturing spirit within women. The message says everything positive and nothing negative about the power of women – and life. Evidently, some women’s rights groups like NOW do not like that message.

NOW is looking at the pro-life issue backwards. Women should be reminded that they are strong enough and smart enough to make decisions that allow for career and educational opportunities while still giving their babies a chance at life. In my own home, my daughter Bristol has also been challenged by pro-abortion “women’s rights” groups who don’t agree with her decision to have her baby, nor do they like the abstinence message which she articulated as her personal commitment. NOW could gain ground and credibility with everyday Americans, thus allowing their pro-women message to be heard by more than just their ardent supporters, if they made wiser decisions regarding which battles to pick. They should call attention to and embrace the Tebow’s message, instead of covertly and overtly disrespecting what Mrs. Tebow, Bristol, and millions of other women have chosen to do (in less than ideal circumstances).

My message to these groups who are inexplicably offended by a pro-woman, pro-child, pro-life message airing during the Super Bowl: please concentrate on empowering women, help with efforts to prevent unexpected pregnancies, stay consistent with your message that for too long women have been made to feel like sex objects in our “modern” culture and that we can expect better in 2010. But don’t let your double standard glare so vividly as to undo some of the good to which you could contribute.

And CBS: just do the right thing. Don’t cave. Have the backbone to run the ad.

To the Tebows: thank you. America is listening. We appreciate you.

• Sarah Palin

[quote="Rachel84, post:6, topic:184539"]
Sarah Palin wrote about this on her facebook. I thought it was worth posting here:

[/quote]

bravo!

[quote="Rachel84, post:6, topic:184539"]

[/quote]

I don't usually support Sarah Palin or agree with much of what she has to say, but in this particular post she makes a heck of a lot of sense and clarifies the hypocrisy of those who support abortion because they think it somehow empowers women. Great post, Ms. Palin!

Naral is obviously on board with stopping the ad, all over their front page.
prochoiceamerica.org/

It is very easy to tie a direct path to the politicians that are high rated by naral and the ones that are low rated.

What better of an indicator is there on who is prolife and who is prochoice?

Pro-abortion forces are running scared, as recent polls have consistently shown that more Americans describe themselves as pro-life than "pro-choice." The rhetoric from the pro-abortion side is ludicrous and desperate.

Knowing that the almighty dollar is behind most business decisions, I imagine that CBS is paying attention to those polls, too.

that is exactly whats going on. ive been monitoring some of the comments on different articles about social issues, and the few screaming libs are being drowned in a tide of common sense. the pendulum is beginning to swing back to the right.

If only a 5% of all Catholics in America had the conviction about the faith of Tim's family, what a difference it would be. :o
If we don't focus on the family, where should we focus on? Of course, the radical feminists are angry at Tim and his mom, their conscience don't let them sleep in peace.
Biden, Pelosi, Sebilious and all those in the White House, who dare to call themselves "faithful Catholics" because they receive the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of our Lord every Sunday while the rest of the week are obsessed creating tricks to win the abortion agenda :confused:, need to answer to the radical feminists who are outraged with Tim's passion for his Lord of all creation.
I've sent so many messages to Tim congratulating him for standing for LIFE and to his mom for being a real FEMINIST :thumbsup:

[quote="dmelosi, post:9, topic:184539"]
Naral is obviously on board with stopping the ad, all over their front page.
prochoiceamerica.org/

It is very easy to tie a direct path to the politicians that are high rated by naral and the ones that are low rated.

What better of an indicator is there on who is prolife and who is prochoice?

[/quote]

The attempts of these leftist organizations to st anti-choice ifle any alternative messages from even getting out clearly put them into ancamp. They are against the dissemination of any information that would inform choice in the first place.

The attempts of these leftist organizations to stifle any alternative messages from even getting out clearly put them into the anti-choice camp. They are against the dissemination of any information that would inform choice in the first place.

:frowning:

This is just so evil. I hope God has more mercy on them than they have on unborn babies.

That’s not true. I’m a feminist, and I’m pro-life. Feminism is about women having the same basic rights as men: the rights to life, liberty, and property, the right to vote, go to school, and enter any profession we so choose and be paid the same amount as men for the same amount of work.

I would argue that those so-called “pro-choice” groups are actually masculist. The original feminists wrote the original anti-abortion laws. NARAL was started by two men, who duped NOW into thinking that more women died in childbirth and back-alley abortions than any other cause. They kicked Betty Friedan out of the group, and ran with the “right to abortion” chant.

Because of abortion, we women have our rights taken from us. Men are now able to tell us that they will leave us or hurt us if we don’t get an abortion. It allows others to take advantage of us. It allows people to tell us that they will disown us, and won’t help us, treat us, let us into a shelter, etc. if we don’t have an abortion. Abortion is a sign that society has failed women, and we deserve better than abortion.

So please don’t lump us true feminists in with those posers.

feministsforlife.org/

Other than that, sign the petition to support the Tim Tebow Super Bowl ad, if you haven’t already:
secure.lifesitenews.com/np/clients/lifesitenews_us/campaign.jsp?campaign=20

It will help a lot of women know that they’re not alone in their situation where everyone wants them to abort. It will let them know that there are people out there who have gone through the same thing, and are there to help them. No one should be forced into abortion, and those so-called “pro-choicers” aren’t advocating choice at all by attacking this commercial. It’s time people knew the voices of the many of us who are pro-life! Let them know that we will stand for life!

Ann Coulter should be the feminist icon then, if your definition held the day.
She by and large is not, and so has moved on.

intellectualconservative.com/article3051.html

Last year during the superbowl, a commercial aired for a dating service that caters exculsively to married people who want to cheat on their spouses.

I was offended by that.

If that kind of filth is allowed to be promoted (something that is about the destruction of the family) a message about the importance of family and the value of life should be allowed.

i assume that you refer to the article on drudge, talking about the homosexual dating service ‘mancrush’? where the rumored script is …

The 30-second spot shows two men excitedly watching the game, before their hands brush as they both reach into a bowl of chips. Suddenly, the two begin making out, much to the shock of a guy sitting close by.

foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/01/28/exclusive-cbs-limbo-air-gay-dating-site-ad-super-bowl/

i think that nothing could be better.

every man in the country will be watching the superbowl. and in the back of their head, they aint going to be thinking, “how nice”. there is little that could be more detrimental to the gay agenda, then forcing men to watch that.:thumbsup:

[quote="warpspeedpetey, post:19, topic:184539"]
i assume that you refer to the article on drudge, talking about the homosexual dating service 'mancrush'?

[/quote]

No I'm referring to an ad I definately saw on the air last year during the superbowl. It was for a service that is designed for married people to meet each other and commit adultery.

Such things can have no other affect but to destroy families (granted there had to have been problems before if you use such a service.) A commerical like this non-political Tebow ad with a positive family message should be allowed is my point.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.