Fides Caritate Formata

What is fides caritate formata exactly? I’ve tried researching this online but I can’t find much about it. What is, as I understand the translation of the term, faith formed by charity and how is it related to our justification and salvation? I am very dimwitted so the simplest explanation would be appreciated.

The form of the virtues is charity. (cf. CCC 2346, 1827, 1844) This latin can say (hope) spes cariate formata, and it would carry the same reality. For if you have one virtue, you have all. The phrase places charity in general, faith in particular.

NAB - Galatians 5:6 - For in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love. 4

Footnote 4 [6] Cf ⇒ Romans 2:25-26; ⇒ 1 Cor 7:19; ⇒ Gal 6:15. The Greek for faith working through love or “faith expressing itself through love” can also be rendered as “faith energized by (God’s) love.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.