Fighting Temptation and Conquering Sin

Hello all,

Please read this post on my blog about fighting temptations of the devil, the flesh, and the world. I pray this will help you all as it has helped me in my spiritual life.

These are notes from a sermon I listened to online by the title of this post. I hope it is helpful for you all in your spiritual lives.

We all face sins and temptations. Some of these are avoidable and some are sudden. At the sudden time of our temptation, we need to pray. Pray that we can avoid our temptation. Pray that we can overcome and not do this sin. Call on the precious blood of Jesus Christ at this time by saying “Precious Blood wash over me and protect me from the wickedness and snares of the Devil.” This will instantaneously remove any demons that may be attacking you. Then say “Jesus, Mary, Joseph, St. Maria Goretti, Guardian Angel, help me!” Finally, you need to shift your mental image to something pleasurable that will remove your temptation. I recommend to put in your mind the image of the Eucharist in adoration before us.

We need not wait until the moment of sin or temptation to pray against temptation. We need to prevent the near occasion of sin for our enemies are the world, the flesh, and the Devil. CONTINUE READING AT: apologetics4catholics.wordpress.com

God bless you all!

Praying for you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.