FIL passed away

A few years back, I asked for prayers for my fil in this thread:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=124075

For some reason today, out of the blue, I started thinking about him dying while I was sporadically praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet.

DH called me about an hour later and told me that he died of heart failure last night and he was on his way to the funeral home.

Please pray for his troubled soul and especially for his 3 sons. There was a huge rift in the family after the parents divorce and DH and his brothers got to a point where they had to cut their dad out of their life for their own sanity, it was a very bad situation. I know DH has a wall up, he’s been saying for years that his Dad was dead to him long ago. I can completely understand why he feels the way he does, but I know he’s got to be hurting inside.

Please also pray for his mom, who is still alive. No mother should have to bury her child.

Thanks.

Praying for the deceased and for your family…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for the repose of your FIL’s soul, May Our Lord and his gentle Mother grant strength and consolation to you and all his family at this sad time.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

I will pray for your FIL, DH and his family.

God bless.

Eternal rest grant unto him o Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.

Lord, bring peace and healing to the hearts in this family and the willingness to forgive anyone still unforgiven. Amen.

Praying for them all.

Our God, I praise and thank You for inspiring our sister to pray the Divine Mercy prayers at the moments when her father-in-law was dying. Thank You for Your merciful love.

In Your great love please have mercy on his three sons. Please let this death be a channel for reconciliations and forgiveness and healing for everyone in this family.
Please have mercy on the deceased man’s mother in her sorrow and loss, and give her the comfort of her drandsons and their families.

LORD Jesus
Have Mercy on ur Son

Thank you so much for the prayers. :slight_smile:

Praying.

I pray for your FIL’s soul…that he is at peace. I pray for your husband and his brothers, that they forgive their dad through their loss. Sorry to hear this, mason. :frowning:

Eternal rest grant unto him oh Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul and the soul of all the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen

Eternal rest grant unto him oh Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul and the soul of all the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen

Wonderful news to share, from what I learned today, it sounds like FIL did make his peace with God before he died. DH said there was a priest or minister coming to the house in the past week and my sil told me tonight that her pastor went to his house a few years ago and he was “saved”. This is absolutely extradorinary considering the dark life he led in sin and rejection of God. I’ve been praying for him for years and I am overjoyed to know they made a difference…and I believe the prayers of those here who prayed for him when I first posted made a big difference! Thank you!

I think DH is feeling at peace right now.

Please keep praying for peace at the funeral on friday. Without prayer and intervention from God, thinks will get very ugly. This family can’t look at eachother without nastiness coming out of somebody’s mouth. :frowning:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

I would like to extend my condolences to you and your family. I pray for the eternal repose of the soul of your FIL.

God bless!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.