Files show hundreds of US plots, refugee connection

Newly obtained congressional data shows hundreds of terror plots have been stopped in the U.S. since 9/11 – mostly involving foreign-born suspects, including dozens of refugees.
The files are sure to inflame the debate over the Obama administration’s push to admit thousands more refugees from Syria and elsewhere, a proposal Donald Trump has vehemently opposed on the 2016 campaign trail.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06/22/anatomy-terror-threat-files-show-hundreds-us-plots-refugee-connection.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Terror plots don;t do much to discourage Democrats. Every successful one is an opportunity to exploit the crisis to further their agenda against Christians, and against guns.

:yup::yup::yup::yup:

The number of these cases always seems scary, but then sometimes, when you dig deeper, you realize that there isn’t a lot to many of these cases (an informant setting up the target that otherwise would have trouble tying his shoes). Many of these people may have wished America evil, but often times, few could have actually pulled it off.

But it makes for good click bait for those on the right.

Unless, of course, you or your loved ones are among those killed. There was really nothing sophisticated about the Tsarnaevs’ murders, or San Bernardino or Orlando.

If they stopped hundreds of terror plots since 9/11 I think they are doing a good job. Why fix something if it isn’t broken?

Because the terror attacks are increasing at a unprecedented level in our own historic anals which Brennan stated in his June 14 address of the Isis issue. We have not reduced the group’s terrorism capability and global reach at all, and that includes joining the flow of refugees here. We have to evolve with this and with our technology to be informed and clearly aware. We have to be honest about the ever developing plan with all this as we see today with isis in Iraq and Syria also as innocent people are also dying there and by our bad planning. . We in short have a problem and thats all of us, and the no transparency is not only not working, its intentionally ignoring the point and creating intentional dissent and logically speaking rightfully so.

Of course, myself or my loved ones are infinitely more likely to be killed driving home tonight than by a terrorist. By your logic, every bad driver should be locked away because they might kill a good driver. At times, I would agree with that logic.

I just refuse to overestimate the threat because a government agency seeking funding inflates the risk.

All kinds of things are done in order to keep bad drivers off the road, yet there are some anyway. And more people are killed by natural causes than by bad drivers. But none of that justifies knowingly allowing killers into this country.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.